Minor Bowl Season Games Thread

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
South just isn't quite there yet. BGSU is pushing them around and throwing it over their heads a bunch but they've limited the damage to 20 points.

They need a big play on defense or something...
They've got some fight in them. Down 27-21 now with 11:00 to go.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Man, some of those games had dozens of people in the stands. I wonder what the TV ratings were because I don't know how some of these games survive. Don't get me wrong, I love having bowl games to watch during the holidays, but I wonder how some of them survive with low ticket sales and TV ratings. I know corporations front a lot of the money, but they normally want to see some return on their investment. Does anyone have knowledge about the financing of these games?

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The Camellia Bowl was pretty entertaining and appeared to have a good many people in the stands. It's a shame that the refs didn't call the obvious holding on the last TD by BGSU. I thought the Fighting Joneses had come back to win the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, some of those games had dozens of people in the stands. I wonder what the TV ratings were because I don't know how some of these games survive. Don't get me wrong, I love having bowl games to watch during the holidays, but I wonder how some of them survive with low ticket sales and TV ratings. I know corporations front a lot of the money, but they normally want to see some return on their investment. Does anyone have knowledge about the financing of these games?
I've been wondering it myself.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The ESPN games have come to be little more than TV studio games. All they need is two teams and TV cameras. They apparently could survive with no ticket sales.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I guess no one was interested in the inaugural Miami Beach Bowl between BYU and Memphis......I'd be willing to guess there were a few tickets remaining at kickoff.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Wow did anyone else see that brawl after the game. There was sucker punches, helmets being used a weapon, and bleeding faces..

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I guess no one was interested in the inaugural Miami Beach Bowl between BYU and Memphis......I'd be willing to guess there were a few tickets remaining at kickoff.
I actually watched quite a bit of that game while listening to music in the garage. It was a pretty good game as far as modern football with high scores goes. The Memphis kicker made a clutch 55 yard field goal in the first OT to keep the game going. It was a shame that there was a fight at the end. It seems that the lack of class just continues to shine in college football. Of course, I know it can be frustrating to lose a game like that and that the heat of the moment can often overcome kid's normally good judgment. The fight was cleaned up fairly quickly, so maybe it was one of those heat of the moment things.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Maybe the LDS kids were barking up the wrong tree getting chirpy with a team mostly from Memphis, Tennessee. :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.