Minor Bowl Season Games Thread

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Western Kentucky opening up a can 35-14 over Central Michigan in the inaugural Popeyes Bahamas Bowl, in nearly empty 15,000 seat stadium.

The place looks sorta like the grandstand at a NASCAR track.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Anyone watching this? That should be the top play of the year right there. Then bad coaching going for 2.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Crazy ending to that game. Central Michigan throws a Hail Mary and a bunch of laterals to make it 49-48. They go for two but don't make it.

I agree it is a stupid looking stadium. Surprised Granny Lou got through customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Anyone watching this? That should be the top play of the year right there. Then bad coaching going for 2.

The touchdown my have been the best single play I've ever seen. That was unbelievable.
I had the QB and Receiver on my fantasy team. They combined for over 95 fantasy points.
QB threw 7 TD's--Receiver caught 4.
Great game though. I agree, no way I go for two.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
That was probably the greatest single play I have ever seen watching football for 30 + years! Previously was the LSU hailmary over Kentucky. Remember the choke at the doak when Florida blew a 31-3 lead late in the 4th qtr? The reporter asked Bowden after the game why he didn't go for two and settled for a 31-31 tie, he said, "kids played too hard with the comeback to come away with a loss." C. Michigan's coach should have realized this too.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.