Minor Bowl Season Games Thread

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
10 bowl games in and I have not watched one snap. No there are no kids on the lawn. ;)
The games have actually been really good Gray man. I've told my friends, if I was simply a fan of football and had no favorite team, this would be the greatest football season in my life. It's like every game is absolutely incredible.
At least the majority of them. sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well, C Mich was owning the 2nd half. I would have went into OT myself.
One reason I would have kicked the PAT and gone into overtime--Those kids made a miraculous comeback effort.
Their coach shouldn't make them feel like they failed by forcing them to come back from five TD"s, having to make a miracle play, and THEN, having to make a two point conversion!
NO...even if they lose in OT...give yourself the opportunity to tell them, "Guys, yeah we lost, but let me tell you why I'm soon proud of you heading into next year"...
"You came back to put the game into overtime and gave us a chance to win!!!"...
I'll just say this....if I'm coaching, and my team makes that much of a remarkable comeback, and all they have to do is to kick the extra point to come "All the way back", you can't take that miracle moment away from them.
Who cares what happens in OT. Let them at least feel joy for what they accomplished,and don't make them feel like they failed because they couldn't make a two point conversion.
sip

Last edited:

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Seems strange not to hear Verne fumbling around over names. I missed the very beginning of the game so it could be that he is sick (hope not) or just wasn't scheduled for this game.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Seems strange not to hear Verne fumbling around over names. I missed the very beginning of the game so it could be that he is sick (hope not) or just wasn't scheduled for this game.
Yea, well it is the Sun Bowl after all. I find myself flipping back to the Vestavia-Hoover peewee football game on 21. Better game for sure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.