Link: Interesting German take on American health care...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
What was it I heard recently? Oh yes, this:

1. In order to insure the uninsured, we first have to uninsure the insured.

2. Next, we require the newly uninsured to be re-insured.

3. To re-insure the newly uninsured, they are required to pay extra charges to be re-insured.

4. The extra charges are required so that the original insured, who became uninsured, and then became re-insured, can pay enough extra so that the original uninsured can be insured, which will be free of charge to them.

Also known as wealth redistribution.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
"It's a solidarity principle," says Ann Marini, a spokesperson for the National Health Insurers Association.
Quite Unamerican. Plus, Americans aren't accustomed to being ruled like most Europeans historically are.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't blame any country for not understanding our attitude toward health care....we are a divided country - held hostage by politicians and the media with self-serving interests.

Sorry to sound so cynical....

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I don't blame any country for not understanding our attitude toward health care....we are a divided country - held hostage by politicians and the media with self-serving interests.

Sorry to sound so cynical....
American attitudes toward healthcare and any other paternalistic programs have nothing to do with what I bolded above. Americans are individuals who are self-sufficient and do not wish to live off the labor of others.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.