Bejing almost uninhabitable

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Beijing sits in the northwest corner of a coastal valley near the Gulf of Pohai.

Under certain conditions, all of that smog gets bottled up in the valley and spills eastward into the GoP, Yellow Sea and across the Koreas. China in general, but especially Beijing, generates huge amounts of smog and pollution, so much so that there's no mistaking it even from space.

March 23, 2014:

In this satellite image from December 23rd, 2013, the entire coastal valley is almost completely obscured from space by a thick blanket of smog and haze:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
That is very sad.

I am no believer in Global Warming and I think the measures proposed to "combat" it border on criminal extortion at the worst and hubris at the least. However, I do believe it is a people's responsibility to take care of their environment-for their own sake if nothing else. Clean air and clean water should be a goal for anyone.

And maybe a few bike trails. ;)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Our country would be like this, in some places, without regulations and restrictions. Yet still some say we should not have those regulations and restrictions.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Our country would be like this, in some places, without regulations and restrictions. Yet still some say we should not have those regulations and restrictions.
I think we should, we just need to bind them Constitutionally. That's all I'm about. You want welfare, public housing and massive debt, put in the Constitution. I think we can all agree that EPA, despite a lot of distain for them for some things, did a good thing implementing tougher emissions regulations by requiring pollution control devices (scrubbers) etc. I remember reading about acid rain and the impact it had on the Adirondacks many years ago. I look at the Gulf of Mexico and all the industrial fertilizer that washes down and creates the kill zones and wish they would improve the regulations over commercial farmers.

That is very sad.

I am no believer in Global Warming and I think the measures proposed to "combat" it border on criminal extortion at the worst and hubris at the least. However, I do believe it is a people's responsibility to take care of their environment-for their own sake if nothing else. Clean air and clean water should be a goal for anyone.

And maybe a few bike trails. ;)
So you don't believe the ozone is being ate up and seas are rising?!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And this is why we need the EPA - for all the stupid stuff they do, our air quality is better now than it's been in decades - between 1970 and 2006, US citizens have enjoyed the following reductions in annual pollution emissions:
  • carbon monoxide emissions fell from 197 million tons to 89 million tons
  • nitrogen oxide emissions fell from 27 million tons to 19 million tons
  • sulfur dioxide emissions fell from 31 million tons to 15 million tons
  • particulate emissions fell by 80%
  • lead emissions fell by more than 98%
All during the time period which saw the US population grew from 205 million to 298 million (45% increase in population)...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.