Last Years Sugar Bowl

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Last year's game was a game weshould've won. Our players acted like they didn't want to be there, and it hurt us. Never again, this team will not let that happen this year. We should never compare our teams to the previous seasons, because this is new team, new season, new playoff. That's why, i was puzzled at this thread... why use last year as a motivation? We have plenty to be motivated about: Blake Sims, Our pass defense, etc.
I remember well the "don't want to be here" feeling. When we played Utah the team had the same attitude I did. Coach Saban kept calling them out (I remember) and I thought the team had my attitude. Utah? After dreaming of a NC all year we get Utah? So I was expecting to get beat because Utah really had something to prove and we didn't even want to be there.

Last year I did not understand at all. We were not playing some BCS buster junior college ..... we were playing OKLAHOMA . That should be have been enough.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I still have a bad taste in my mouth over that game. When you play a team with the history like OU has and a chance to tie the all time series record with them, motivation should not be an issue. That being said, I think that game will have zero impact on this yrs sugar bowl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The one glaring failure of the Saban era at Alabama has been lack of motivation if there's no title to play for -- see Utah 2008 and OU last year. Michigan State 2010 was an exception, but the title chances were out the window in early November that year after a loss to LSU, so the team had already recovered I guess by the time to bowl game rolled around.

And to answer the original question - last year's OU game has zero effect on this year's OSU preparation.

The one glaring failure of the Saban era at Alabama has been lack of motivation if there's no title to play for -- see Utah 2008 and OU last year. Michigan State 2010 was an exception, but the title chances were out the window in early November that year after a loss to LSU, so the team had already recovered I guess by the time to bowl game rolled around.

And to answer the original question - last year's OU game has zero effect on this year's OSU preparation.
So was 2007

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Over on the OU boards a lot of their discussion is about how disappointing their season was, and when questioned about different things that went wrong this past season with their defense I kid you not Mike Stoops actually said at a recent press conference, "hey but we beat Alabama in Sugar Bowl". Funny.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Over on the OU boards a lot of their discussion is about how disappointing their season was, and when questioned about different things that went wrong this past season with their defense I kid you not Mike Stoops actually said at a recent press conference, "hey but we beat Alabama in Sugar Bowl". Funny.
Sounds like auburn to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.