Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. Appy State****

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
And what signs have we had thus far in the season that gives u any indication we won't make it.....we don't have any bad non conference losses this year like we did years before ......other teams like Michigan and Michigan st etc are losing to bad teams....at least we can say we haven't
History my friend. Grant has proved, IMO, what kind of coach he is. I don't just make numbers up. Take a look for yourself. Barely over .500 in his career at Bama. And if you take out the cupcake games each year he would be well under .500 since he's been here. Not a good sign he can get us over the hump this year. I hope he can but I have my doubts..

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
NCCA should be our goal... there was one season, if I remember that we got left out by Committee and lot of folks was saying we should've got in.. YOu have to think about things that went on the teams, players getting suspended, injuries, lack of efforts on the floor.. With me being a former ball player, I definitely understand what goes on behind the door..... One of the things that will make and break the team this year is the rebounding game. Players aren't boxing out as they should, and If we can get them to cut down on shooting threes, and get baskets inside, and find rhythms on offense and defense, we actually will be okay. That's something they will figure out on their own as the season progress. THE SEC has improved a little bit this year. It drives me nuts when people just complain, complain about the coach, but doesn't really get it... This is a team with lot of weapons, give them time to figure itout. I've been defending this team so much this year, and that's saying a lot, because I don't do something like that.
Nah, some people would just rather make the NCAA tournament more than once every 6 years..

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
From a fan perspective, and I am one, it was an exciting game with lots of back and forth - it was entertaining.

From a student of the game perspective there isn't much you'd want to use in an instructional video from a positive viewpoint - except for some of the defensive effort late in the game. The offense never got into a rhythm partly because early on I think CAG was experimenting with lineups and situations. I'm really lliking what Riley Norris brings to the floor.

At least the kids fought back and won on a day when they didn't bring their best game to the gym. I've got tickets for UCLA and am looking forward to the game. We all know UCLA will play better, I think we'll see a better Tide team as well.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
My friend, You're not paying attention to the stats... You're not even thinking about injuries, suspensions, players, who who was selfish on the floor, etc... You just look at the numbers and just decided " WE NEED TO GET A NEW COACH."
History my friend. Grant has proved, IMO, what kind of coach he is. I don't just make numbers up. Take a look for yourself. Barely over .500 in his career at Bama. And if you take out the cupcake games each year he would be well under .500 since he's been here. Not a good sign he can get us over the hump this year. I hope he can but I have my doubts..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
NCCA should be our goal... there was one season, if I remember that we got left out by Committee and lot of folks was saying we should've got in.. YOu have to think about things that went on the teams, players getting suspended, injuries, lack of efforts on the floor.. With me being a former ball player, I definitely understand what goes on behind the door..... One of the things that will make and break the team this year is the rebounding game. Players aren't boxing out as they should, and If we can get them to cut down on shooting threes, and get baskets inside, and find rhythms on offense and defense, we actually will be okay. That's something they will figure out on their own as the season progress. THE SEC has improved a little bit this year, and we were third in SEC last year. It drives me nuts when people just complain, complain about the coach, but doesn't really get it... This is a team with lot of weapons, give them time to figure itout. I've been defending this team so much this year, and that's saying a lot, because I don't do something like that.
Well, if you don't like when people have a different opinion than yours then maybe a message board isn't the best way for you to spend your free time. This is Grant's 6th year. Time to put up or shut up. No more excuses..

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
History has absolutely nothing to do with this season.....keep that in mind [emoji6]....new season each year.....just be happy that we won the game....we won and people in here acting like we lost smh....EVERYBODY knows it was not our best game...they will bounce back and show up for ucla.....I've said my peace

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
My friend, You're not paying attention to the stats... You're not even thinking about injuries, suspensions, players, who who was selfish on the floor, etc... You just look at the numbers and just decided " WE NEED TO GET A NEW COACH."
You are what your record says you are. Look up who said that and you might learn the meaning and truth behind it..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
NOT ALWAYS TRUE. Why are you quoting Bill Parcell? It doesn't make sense. Coach Saban didn't have stellar records for four years before finally getting his team on consistent win basis. This year team is real good, and it will take them a while to finally " click" and then they will be very dangerous. Coach can do what they do: Coach them up, but it's up to the players to execute the game plans.
You are what your record says you are. Look up who said that and you might learn the meaning and truth behind it..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not going to sit here arguing with you back and forth on this, it's a moot point. It just tell me that you're one of those folks who live and die by those stats, but not bothered to even try and understand the factors behind those wins and losses.. Shoot, I'm about to bow out of this thread...I'm done commenting on this. I'm going to take my mother's advice when I was growing up, If you can't find something nice to say.... don't say anything, just walk away. PEACE!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
NOT ALWAYS TRUE. Why are you quoting Bill Parcell? It doesn't make sense. Coach Saban didn't have stellar records for four years before finally getting his team on consistent win basis. This year team is real good, and it will take them a while to finally " click" and then they will be very dangerous. Coach can do what they do: Coach them up, but it's up to the players to execute the game plans.
Actually Saban went 12-0 (regular season) in his second year at Bama and 14-0 his third season winning the SECCG and the NCG. That was a bad comparison..

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The fact is we are not playing as well now as we were early in the season. CAG had lost almost all of the student support. He has lost a large contingent of loyal basketball supporters of who I am one. I have many friends who did not renew their tix this year due to us not making a coaching change last year. These are not fair weather fans either, they are season ticket holders who have had them for well over 10 years.

Road wins against decent RPI teams will be what makes or breaks us. We've blown our chance at almost any good RPI road wins and beating UCLA(a team UK just absolutely embarrassed) will mean nothing to the committee. The SEC is still perceived as a football conference and we have to finish in the top 3 or 4 to even get a sniff at getting into the Tourney. We have effort like we had tonight, we won't finish in the top half of the SEC. The fact is the players deserve better. It is pretty clear the players don't believe deep in their heart that this staff can win the close games. 1-51 against top 50 RPI teams in the last 3 years.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I do not believe we have lost 51 games in the last 3 years. True - have not beaten a Top 47 RPI team in 3 years.
The fact is we are not playing as well now as we were early in the season. CAG had lost almost all of the student support. He has lost a large contingent of loyal basketball supporters of who I am one. I have many friends who did not renew their tix this year due to us not making a coaching change last year. These are not fair weather fans either, they are season ticket holders who have had them for well over 10 years.

Road wins against decent RPI teams will be what makes or breaks us. We've blown our chance at almost any good RPI road wins and beating UCLA(a team UK just absolutely embarrassed) will mean nothing to the committee. The SEC is still perceived as a football conference and we have to finish in the top 3 or 4 to even get a sniff at getting into the Tourney. We have effort like we had tonight, we won't finish in the top half of the SEC. The fact is the players deserve better. It is pretty clear the players don't believe deep in their heart that this staff can win the close games. 1-51 against top 50 RPI teams in the last 3 years.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

+1.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Sorry 1-21 against top 50 RPI teams in the last 3 years. Like that percentage point is much better.

For anyone who actually cares about our program, Read the Cecil Hurt Tweets after the Wichita State collapse. You'll have to scroll down some.

https://twitter.com/CecilHurt

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

Really great post..I totally agree

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I prolly should keep my mouth shut but I never have before, I thought it was a great gutty win and I'm still on board with this team and coach Grant! In college football terms that was about like us having to hold serve against those tough USM teams through the years and we did! I'm fired up for tonight's UCLA game as well...RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.