SURPRISE!! Winston Cleared by FSU

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I can understand when witne$$e$ are team mates and won't te$tify. But I can't understand why those crab legs didn't speak up.

I do not know if he is a rapist or not, but I do know what all the wrist slapping going on down there makes it appear.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The girl never had a chance - this whole proceeding was slanted in a way which ensured that Winston would walk. Consider this - there was testimony allowed by Winston and his two witnesses, but no cross-examination allowed. Winston read a 5 page prepared document into testimony. That document included the viewpoints of his two team mates who refused to testify. This would never be allowed in a court of law and I am not sure why it would be allowed in these proceedings. You cannot give testimony for someone else, and you cannot give testimony without the opposition being allowed to cross you against the points offered in that testimony. You can plead the 5th to avoid testimony, but once you testify that right is waived and no longer available. Once Winston read that statement into testimony, he should have been forced to answer questions. If he was not going to answer questions, he should never have been allowed to offer testimony.

What happened here is a farce - a sham that makes the decision not to prosecute look legitimate. I understand that it was not a court of law, but the rules of our court system are in place for a reason. This proceeding ignored those rules and allowed Winston's attorney to twist the process into something which robbed the victim of her right to face her attacker - again.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The girl never had a chance - this whole proceeding was slanted in a way which ensured that Winston would walk. Consider this - there was testimony allowed by Winston and his two witnesses, but no cross-examination allowed. Winston read a 5 page prepared document into testimony. That document included the viewpoints of his two team mates who refused to testify. This would never be allowed in a court of law and I am not sure why it would be allowed in these proceedings. You cannot give testimony for someone else, and you cannot give testimony without the opposition being allowed to cross you against the points offered in that testimony. You can plead the 5th to avoid testimony, but once you testify that right is waived and no longer available. Once Winston read that statement into testimony, he should have been forced to answer questions. If he was not going to answer questions, he should never have been allowed to offer testimony.

What happened here is a farce - a sham that makes the decision not to prosecute look legitimate. I understand that it was not a court of law, but the rules of our court system are in place for a reason. This proceeding ignored those rules and allowed Winston's attorney to twist the process into something which robbed the victim of her right to face her attacker - again.
I did not know that. A farce is correct.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think this was the retired Florida supreme court justice who made this decision. I give considerable weight to his opinion. He seems to confirm what the other authorities said. (Even if the police and DA seemed like bozos.)
When no one except the accuser answers any questions and evidence is destroyed, what would you expect. I guess it just comes down to he said in a statement provided to him by his lawyers vs she said.

I've always believed that what comes around always goes around. If the situation is not corrected in this life, the answers to all questions will be known in the next life and corrective measures will probably be taken then.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

You summed this up better than I could have. Great post. Him reading that statement was having hearsay evidence introduced which should not have been presented or should not have been permitted to be presented.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
I am convinced that gifted athletes will always be treated differently than the not so gifted. Whether or not Jameis is guilty of rape is a question none of us can answer because we are not privy to whatever testimony and evidence were provided. However, I have reached the opinion that Jameis Winston is not very smart and will continue to have problems. He is a walking train wreck.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
In all honesty though, FSU fans are so sold on Winston's innocence (that he's a good kid that made a few poor decisions that have been grossly exaggerated by the media) and Jimbo's Fisher's gallant defense of his players, that they are almost convincing.
It is done everywhere. It seems that in society today if you hear something enough from enough media outlets a large majority of the population will begin to believe it is true. They think it simply has to be or people wouldn't be repeating it.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
This was a student conduct hearing, not a court of law. As I understand it, the rules followed are the ones that have always been in place for reviews of conduct offenses at FSU. It would be interesting to see how those rules stack up with those of other schools.

By the way, Judge Harding is a Charlotte native, a Wake Forest grad with his law degrees from Wake and UVA. It's all but certain that he had little to consider beyond the evidentiary detritus of the police-botched investigation. That said, sexual assault allegations, particularly those involving strangers and copious amounts of alcohol, are hard cases to prosecute -- even when the police do their jobs.

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
clicky

"This was a complex case, and I worked hard to make sure both parties had a full and fair opportunity to present information. In sum, the preponderance of the evidence has not shown that you are responsible for any of the charge violations of the Code. Namely, I find that the evidence before me is insufficient to satisfy the burden of proof."

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It is done everywhere. It seems that in society today if you hear something enough from enough media outlets a large majority of the population will begin to believe it is true. They think it simply has to be or people wouldn't be repeating it.
Nothing new. Gone on for a long time. Probably the most exquisite example in the 20th century was Nazi Germany in the 30`s with the anti-Jewish campaign.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.