SURPRISE!! Winston Cleared by FSU

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
clicky

"This was a complex case, and I worked hard to make sure both parties had a full and fair opportunity to present information. In sum, the preponderance of the evidence has not shown that you are responsible for any of the charge violations of the Code. Namely, I find that the evidence before me is insufficient to satisfy the burden of proof."

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I think this was the retired Florida supreme court justice who made this decision. I give considerable weight to his opinion. He seems to confirm what the other authorities said. (Even if the police and DA seemed like bozos.)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think this was the retired Florida supreme court justice who made this decision. I give considerable weight to his opinion. He seems to confirm what the other authorities said. (Even if the police and DA seemed like bozos.)
so you now believe he is innocent? Should that have been in blue?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A lot of people will see this as proof of his innocence. I see it as additional proof of the corruption of this state.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
No, that isn't what he said. I'm not a lawyer, but looks to me there is lots of wiggle room in that decision.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I don't know if Winston did it or not. The only thing the evidence shows is that the police and district attorney's office did an execrable job of investigating the original complaint, and that has made it pretty much impossible to make an informed decision about what happened. It pretty much mirrors the Trayvon Martin investigation.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wish I was a journalist so I could write an article like Hunter S Thompson's Richard Nixon memoriam when Jameis is serving 20 to life or life without.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I wish I was a journalist so I could write an article like Hunter S Thompson's Richard Nixon memoriam when Jameis is serving 20 to life or life without.
I take it you won't be wishing him well in the NFL? :D

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The most impressive thing about Jameis Winston is that I didn't know it was possible to stack human excrement that high.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
I'm really happy to hear this news and quite frankly, shocked. I was under the impression that the heavy hand of Florida State justice and the Tallahassee sense of moral outrage would keep Mr. Famous at home in his dorm while the Noles traveled to the Rose Bowl. I'm glad we get to play against him.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
In all honesty though, FSU fans are so sold on Winston's innocence (that he's a good kid that made a few poor decisions that have been grossly exaggerated by the media) and Jimbo's Fisher's gallant defense of his players, that they are almost convincing.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
You must not follow FSU athletics over the years. The only thing that heavy hand does is slap wrists. The toughest thing they've ever done is sacrifice one of their top WRs to keep their Heisman candidate WR on the team (way back in the late 1990s).

Again, going back to Saban's point with DJ Pettway. Vengeful "Old Testament" punishment isn't always the solution for these kids. The problem with FSU is that it is never even on the table for them.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
In all honesty though, FSU fans are so sold on Winston's innocence (that he's a good kid that made a few poor decisions that have been grossly exaggerated by the media) and Jimbo's Fisher's gallant defense of his players, that they are almost convincing.
I suppose that, living in the great Northwest, you have a cultural honesty for your beliefs. I also believe that my heritage as a white southern male will be perceived as giving me a prejudicial background to think this guy is a very bad person.
So...I just will not say anything., and you all can decide for yourselves. I will only say that I hope, with all my heart, that someone will take this guy's head off in one of the playoff games..
GO, WHOMEVER CAN DO THAT!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.