Link: Analysis: Alabama OC Lane Kiffin's Best and Worst Play Calls of 2014

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin has made a splash in his first season in Tuscaloosa. TideSports.com has reviewed and cataloged all of Alabama's 945 offensive snaps to give you the three best Lane Kiffin play calls - so far - this season.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I enjoyed the breakdown of those plays. There are no tell how many plays a team runs in practice that never make it to the games. Everything has to be the right situation to run the plays.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I assume the worst call he's talking about is the QB sneak against Arky though I didn't see Arky mentioned. I didn't really have a problem with that call; the execution left a lot to be desired.

I've never seen a year where there were more brilliant play calls than this year's Alabama team. Coach Kiffin has been remarkable. I don't think this team makes the playoffs without him.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I assume the worst call he's talking about is the QB sneak against Arky though I didn't see Arky mentioned. I didn't really have a problem with that call; the execution left a lot to be desired.

I've never seen a year where there were more brilliant play calls than this year's Alabama team. Coach Kiffin has been remarkable. I don't think this team makes the playoffs without him.
Yea. That was one of the ugliest QB sneaks I've ever seen. Wasn't a bad call, but as you said, the execution was dreadful..

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
My vote for worst call of the year by Kiffin was the last play against Ole Miss. The pass in the end zone to anyone other than Cooper.

He hasn't made many bad calls. Kiffin's playcalling has been brilliant this year. I'm glad we've got him.

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013
My vote for worst call of the year by Kiffin was the last play against Ole Miss. The pass in the end zone to anyone other than Cooper.

He hasn't made many bad calls. Kiffin's playcalling has been brilliant this year. I'm glad we've got him.
That wasn't a bad call at all. A 6'6 OJ Howard just needs to go up and get that ball over the 5'9 DB.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
That wasn't a bad call at all. A 6'6 OJ Howard just needs to go up and get that ball over the 5'9 DB.
OJ learned from that play too judging from some of his comments a few weeks ago. If it happens again he will make that coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I thought his worst was when Bama had the lead and the ball near midfield in the 4th against Ole Miss something like 2nd and 3 and Kiffin called back-to-back passing plays. A first down there all but ices the game. It was a bad time to get "fancy". It also let clock stop (though there was plenty of time). That was a time to run the ball 2 straight times and get the win.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'll note that a lot of these calls are totally ranked by the results. Like imagine if that first OT play v. LSU blew up...it would be on a Benny Hill Theme Song loop with the LT waving for a screen.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I thought his worst was when Bama had the lead and the ball near midfield in the 4th against Ole Miss something like 2nd and 3 and Kiffin called back-to-back passing plays. A first down there all but ices the game. It was a bad time to get "fancy". It also let clock stop (though there was plenty of time). That was a time to run the ball 2 straight times and get the win.
I'll admit that I was pounding the chair arms and screaming WHY, WHY WHY!?!?! Overall, he's been an asset, but these were Nussmeier-type calls...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.