John Chavis gets Paid

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Reading the LSU board, their sources are saying that it's the clause issue in Chavis' contract. Also some internal issues... and it's sounding like they will meet tonight to iron it out, but it may be too late.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Yah, Chavis has really done well at LSU - it's easy to forget the term '3rd and Chavis' came about due to his defenses' abysmal performance on third and long while at UT. Something changed for him at LSU (beyond the superior athletes) - he's been consistently better there.
We've had a couple of long, game clinching drives against his defense the last couple of years.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Am I missing something, I didn't read the article. He was making 1.3 mil at LSU AND 1.33 mil at aggie. They let him go for 33,000 dollars? Really?

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Glenn Guilbeau ‏@LSUBeatTweet 32m32 minutes ago
LSU may have lost a def. coord. and a game. "I'm told that's the case," Coach Les Miles said when asked if DC John Chavis is going to TA&M.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Oh in other news Texas A&M may have just made themselves legit. If Chavis' defense sucks there, that will prove out the theory that nobody can coach a good D at a HUNH team.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
maybe his players had heard the news, because the defense sure played like he was gone already. never seen a lsu team miss so many tackles and poor coverage everywhere. of course, les had his usual couple of bad calls. I cannot believe with the way lsu was running the ball they tried a field goal without a field goal legit kicker needing only two yards for a first on the 20 yard line. the kick was blocked by the back of a off lineman. then the smart goal line fake with the 150 pound kicker and a 180 pound blocker for the touchdown, which I contend they made.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.