Which 2015 Signees Have Enrolled Early? (Update: Official List Added)

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I have been trying to find out how many early entries we should be getting this coming month. I know last year we had 8-10, it seems like it helps as these kids go through spring and have a better chance at helping us in the fall.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Early entries

Some names I believe are going to be early enrollees:

Blake Barnett
Deionte Thompson
Calvin Ridley
Ronnie Harrison
Brandon Kennedy
Desherrius Flowers

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Anybody have any info or know the story on this guy. Don't see a thread for him and I haven't heard of him before..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Anybody have any info or know the story on this guy. Don't see a thread for him and I haven't heard of him before..
He was dismissed by UGA this past summer. He needs to be approved by UA like DJ Pettway was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

We recruited him hard coming out of high school and he picked UGA over us. He is a talented kid but may have too much baggage to be a take but like Coach Saban said this week about DJ he wants to give kids a second chance.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Believe that Barnett, Flowers, Kennedy, Harrison, Warmack, and Thompson all enrolled early over the weekend. Nothing official announced just yet from UA, but all of them were spotted on campus.

The bad news is that it doesn't look like Burgess-Becker will be able to enroll early. Not sure exactly what happened to his early enrollment plans, but he's a February/June prospect now, and he's even been open to taking other official visits. Don't know that he could have been a contributor next year at safety anyway, but the possibility is pretty much precluded now, and I would have liked to have at least had him around this spring.

Wild card right now is Ridley, and no one knows how that will shape up. He is not academically eligible at the moment, and is awaiting the return of his ACT score. If he scores high enough, he'll enroll in the coming days. If not, he'll have to wait until this summer and won't be able to sign until February, which means he'll be open season the next four weeks for rival schools. FWIW, he has cancelled all other visits and told others he is firm with Alabama, but obviously none of those schools are going to stop recruiting him.

You can also throw Taylor in the mix here, too, it seems.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Believe that Barnett, Flowers, Kennedy, Harrison, Warmack, and Thompson all enrolled early over the weekend. Nothing official announced just yet from UA, but all of them were spotted on campus.

The bad news is that it doesn't look like Burgess-Becker will be able to enroll early. Not sure exactly what happened to his early enrollment plans, but he's a February/June prospect now, and he's even been open to taking other official visits. Don't know that he could have been a contributor next year at safety anyway, but the possibility is pretty much precluded now, and I would have liked to have at least had him around this spring.

Wild card right now is Ridley, and no one knows how that will shape up. He is not academically eligible at the moment, and is awaiting the return of his ACT score. If he scores high enough, he'll enroll in the coming days. If not, he'll have to wait until this summer and won't be able to sign until February, which means he'll be open season the next four weeks for rival schools. FWIW, he has cancelled all other visits and told others he is firm with Alabama, but obviously none of those schools are going to stop recruiting him.

You can also throw Taylor in the mix here, too, it seems.
Pertaining to Ridley, I've heard that he has his score, and is just waiting clearance from the NCAA clearinghouse. All the other you mentioned are confirmed on campus, they have all enrolled over the past three days

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Official list has been released by UA, so consider these guys signed, sealed and delivered:

Alabama Enrollees -- January, 2015
Name Pos. Class Hometown/School(s)

Blake Barnett QB Fr. Corona, Calif./Santiago
DeSherrius Flowers RB Fr. Mobile, Ala./Vigor
Ronnie Harrison DB Fr. Tallahassee, Fla./FSU University School
Brandon Kennedy OL Fr. Wetumpka, Ala./Wetumpka HS
Bo Scarbrough RB Fr. Northport, Ala./Tuscaloosa County HS
Jonathan Taylor DT Jr. Millen, Ga./Jenkins County/Georgia/Copiah-Lincoln
Deionte Thompson DB Fr. Orange, Texas/West Orange-Stark
Dallas Warmack OL Fr. Atlanta, Ga./Mays HS

No real surprises in the group, but at least it does clarify our standing with Taylor.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Pertaining to Ridley, I've heard that he has his score, and is just waiting clearance from the NCAA clearinghouse. All the other you mentioned are confirmed on campus, they have all enrolled over the past three days
A lot of conflicting info out there right now on Ridley, but last I checked he had not received his score. For better or for worse, though, it should be in shortly.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

To be fair, he should've got his last week. ACT is famous for being slow with test results.
Well, Ridley had the better part of three years to get his ACT score together, so I wouldn't be faulting test administrators for this delay.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

well they encourage you to take ACt as junior... and second time as Senior... I remember seeing the article where they said he was trying to get his ACT score up this time... I don't think it was his first time taking ACT. I got 17 my first time, and second time I got 24.
Well, Ridley had the better part of three years to get his ACT score together, so I wouldn't be faulting test administrators for this delay.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Official list has been released by UA, so consider these guys signed, sealed and delivered:

No real surprises in the group, but at least it does clarify our standing with Taylor.

Persnal viewpoint: Especially happy to see Harrison and Thompson on campus for spring practices [db's]. Would have been even more so to see a TE in early.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.