Mark Barron embarrassed by Odell Beckham Jr.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Barron definitely got beat but that was a poorly designed defensive play. Should never have a safety covering OBJ one on one. Most corners cannot handle him so how is a run stopping safety supposed to cover him?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Barron definitely got beat but that was a poorly designed defensive play. Should never have a safety covering OBJ one on one. Most corners cannot handle him so how is a run stopping safety supposed to cover him?
I haven't seen anything other than what is posted here - but just looking at it again it appears to me as though MB is trying to make up for a blown coverage. He is coming over to cover a streaking receiver at an odd angle. Early in the video you see both the LB and what I assume is a CB breaking to cover either the TE or WR on a crossing route while Barron is running across the field trying to pick up Beckham.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Look like he and one other db was playing zone and the other 2 were playing man. Hope that isn't how they drew it up.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
He's not embarrassed, the coverage was destroyed by a hot route. Looks like a busted defensive play to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.