Rolando's house burns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
i hate this happened. Wonder how long the house has been on the market? Can't imagine Rolando would hire someone to set fire to his house just to get the insurance money? If it had been on the market for a long time, he may have grown tired of waiting on the house to never sell. $1.5 M is not out of the ordinary for many families in Tuscaloosa. Especially a lake house on Lake Tuscaloosa. I would think it would eventually sell if given time. Hard to imagine he was desperate for $$ quickly while bringing in a good paycheck from the Cowboys. Who knows what kind of debt he has built up.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i remember when andre rison's house got torched by left eye lopez (rip)
I had a friend who lived in the neighborhood, country club of the south IIRC. He told me that the neighbors hated Rison so much that they were running around telling everyone to wait to call the fire department hoping that by the time they were called the house would be too far gone. Turned into a neighborhood celebration/out door cocktail party watching it burn to the ground.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i hate this happened. Wonder how long the house has been on the market? Can't imagine Rolando would hire someone to set fire to his house just to get the insurance money? If it had been on the market for a long time, he may have grown tired of waiting on the house to never sell. $1.5 M is not out of the ordinary for many families in Tuscaloosa. Especially a lake house on Lake Tuscaloosa. I would think it would eventually sell if given time. Hard to imagine he was desperate for $$ quickly while bringing in a good paycheck from the Cowboys. Who knows what kind of debt he has built up.
can we wait a day or two before speculating that Ro burned his house down? Accidents do happen all the time

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
When I read the ESPN article my first thought was if it was arson, was it one of his old "buddies" up in Decatur he had cut off as he appears to be getting his stuff together with the Cowboys? I remeber reading an article recently where Ro said he finally realized he had to just cut off those who always led him to trouble!
This is my thought as well. Potentially could be arson in revenge for cutting them off. Lars Anderson had a great piece over the weekend on RoMac. In that article he stated that Ro vowed to never set foot in Decatur again. Hopefully he keeps this promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I had a friend who lived in the neighborhood, country club of the south IIRC. He told me that the neighbors hated Rison so much that they were running around telling everyone to wait to call the fire department hoping that by the time they were called the house would be too far gone. Turned into a neighborhood celebration/out door cocktail party watching it burn to the ground.
thats freaking hilarious. i remember him being quite the jerk when he played here. i also remember that every time he and deion would go up against each other, they would get in a fight. iirc, that is when the falcons started wearing black and having mc hammer hang out with them on the sidelines (glanville?)

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
When I read the ESPN article my first thought was if it was arson, was it one of his old "buddies" up in Decatur he had cut off as he appears to be getting his stuff together with the Cowboys? I remeber reading an article recently where Ro said he finally realized he had to just cut off those who always led him to trouble!
My first thought as well.. I hate to see him find out who it was and be obligated to retaliate and get him in trouble again. Hope that wasn't the case

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
This was my first thought as well. One of His Decatur buddies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
thats freaking hilarious. i remember him being quite the jerk when he played here. i also remember that every time he and deion would go up against each other, they would get in a fight. iirc, that is when the falcons started wearing black and having mc hammer hang out with them on the sidelines (glanville?)
I forgot about the fights with Deion. They were so fake. Seemed contrived to draw attention to each other to me

that was the "back in black" glanville years. Another dark spot of false hope during the Smith families destructive reign

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I forgot about the fights with Deion. They were so fake. Seemed contrived to draw attention to each other to me

that was the "back in black" glanville years. Another dark spot of false hope during the Smith families destructive reign
Hiring Glanville turned me off as a Falcons fan by convincing me they were a joke and really haven't been back, could not enjoy their Super Bowl run as I might have otherwise.

This is coming from someone who still pulled for them when they hired Marion Campbell for the second time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
If it was arson, that doesn't mean Rolando instigated it. It could have been an ex-friend trying to get even with him.
Yes I never thought he did this. It occurred during football season and he was likely in Dallas at the time. My thoughts were more along the line of a rival fan doing this. Regardless it's all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.