OK State AD wants Oregon and N Carolina on schedule

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
“My football coach doesn’t want to play anybody any good, definitely, but jiminy Christmas, we looked pretty good against Florida State,” Holder said. “Until we beat OU, that was the highlight of our season.”

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ma-state-ad-wants-to-schedule-oregon-and-unc/

I would assume expansion is coming soon. Of course the Big 12 (being the Big 12) may go on pretending this is all an ESPN/if Colt had not got hurt conspiracy. Funny that some there don't want expansion because it would water down the conference. Water down? How can you water down Iowa St and Kansas? :biggrin: Cincy, UCF, Memphis BYU & etc. would be an upgrade over those two.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I see this AD either:
a) is lining up Gundy for the firing squad OR
b) is not exactly the most PR friendly AD

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Trouble brewing in Stillwater. The AD throws the head football coach under the buhapless Mr. Pickens not a happy camper equals a new coach.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Oregon will play anyone, anywhere, anytime, but unfortunately Oregon is in the minority. Georgia and A & M both backed out of home and homes. The dogs would rather stay home and sit on the porch. Cowards didn't want an extra out of conference loss tacked on to their records I guess.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Oregon will play anyone, anywhere, anytime, but unfortunately Oregon is in the minority. Georgia and A & M both backed out of home and homes. The dogs would rather stay home and sit on the porch. Cowards didn't want an extra out of conference loss tacked on to their records I guess.
I seem to recall Boise State making that same boast, but it was a lie. Oregon seems to want people to go play in their tiny little stadium...

Edit: As far as the topic goes, programs like North Carolina will become very desirable to schedule. They're still a fairly easy win, but teams can make the empty boast that they played a team from a power 5 conference.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I seem to recall Boise State making that same boast, but it was a lie. Oregon seems to want people to go play in their tiny little stadium...

Edit: As far as the topic goes, programs like North Carolina will become very desirable to schedule. They're still a fairly easy win, but teams can make the empty boast that they played a team from a power 5 conference.
Yes, Boise used that as a bragging rite about all these teams afraid to play them, but who in their right mind would want a home and home with a 22,000 seat stadium?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My question(s) are A) how much power does Gundy actually have in scheduling and B) is this still OKIE LITE we are talking about.
Seriously, Oklahoma State was an afterthought even with Jimmie Johnson and Les Miles as their coaches, and both never took better than 3rd in their conference. Gundy has taken 1st twice in his reign, and was .0086 points away from playing for a natty in 2011 and that is something that Okie Lite has never done. I think Gundy has overstayed his welcome, and that is more Gundy's fault than Okie Lite, but you got to question this AD's logic in publicly calling out the most successful coach in their history when he just beat Oklahoma with a far less talented team. I understand that their fans and their board are still mad at him for flirting with Tennessee, but come on this is childish. I think Gundy will have the last laugh when he gets a team that doesnt constantly have to deal with a historic power in their own state and succeed, and Okie Lite will have a mediocre coach, and be trampled by Oregon and Oklahoma.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
North Carolina is attractive if you can work a deal and bring their basketball team to town too. I'd like to see Alabama play them in a home and home with both sports. Baseball would be a hit as well.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.