Blake Sims Is On The Latest Cover Of Sports Illustrated

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
This is really great and I'm so happy Blake got a cover. I'm not worried about the jinx thing, I think those days are gone.
Two more games to win and we'll get another SI cover! RTR!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
3 of the QB's have even numbered jerseys and one has an odd number......
Blake has a perfect number, literally. A perfect number is an integer that is equal to the sum of its positive integer factors -- excluding the number itself: 1, 2, 3 and 6 are the positive integer factors of 6 and excluding 6 itself, the sum of its positive integer factors is 1 + 2 + 3 = 6. PERFECT!

BTW... the only other perfect number that can be on a football jersey is 28: 1 + 2 + 4 + 7 + 14 = 28. The next perfect number after 28 is 496.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Saban has helped me get over my phobia about seeing our players on SI's cover before a game.
Yeah , that's not an issue. Not for any of those superstitions. All that went away in January 2007. Thank you Mal Moore for not giving up, and for not taking no for an answer.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Blake has a perfect number, literally. A perfect number is an integer that is equal to the sum of its positive integer factors -- excluding the number itself: 1, 2, 3 and 6 are the positive integer factors of 6 and excluding 6 itself, the sum of its positive integer factors is 1 + 2 + 3 = 6. PERFECT!

BTW... the only other perfect number that can be on a football jersey is 28: 1 + 2 + 4 + 7 + 14 = 28. The next perfect number after 28 is 496.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
On one of the OSU sites, they had a thread rating the top players in the playoffs. To give them a little bit of credit, Cooper was on most posts. Blake was on none. They basically give him no credit whatsoever. OTOH, many of them had Cardale Jones in their top five. That's right, Cardale Jones. This is a kid who couldn't get a start until the two guys in front of him went down. Sims, OTOH, took the job from a guy with accolades and is standing at #2 behind the Heisman winner among QBs. Of all of the fan bases of the teams we've played in the crunch of postseason, with NC on the line, this is the biggest bunch of homers I've seen. They're worse than the 'Horns. Watching their boards develop, by game day, the whole base will be jumping up and down and beating their chests like gorillas... :)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
On one of the OSU sites, they had a thread rating the top players in the playoffs. To give them a little bit of credit, Cooper was on most posts. Blake was on none. They basically give him no credit whatsoever. OTOH, many of them had Cardale Jones in their top five. That's right, Cardale Jones. This is a kid who couldn't get a start until the two guys in front of him went down. Sims, OTOH, took the job from a guy with accolades and is standing at #2 behind the Heisman winner among QBs. Of all of the fan bases of the teams we've played in the crunch of postseason, with NC on the line, this is the biggest bunch of homers I've seen. They're worse than the 'Horns. Watching their boards develop, by game day, the whole base will be jumping up and down and beating their chests like gorillas... :)
Worse than the Horns? Good grief. I remember Wishbonesooner and other good OU posters warning us of the arrogance of the Tejas fans and I can say they were spot on. That was the most delusional and condescending bunch I've ever encountered and they're still "If Colt hadn't gone down..." ND fans weren't even that obnoxious although some had their moments. I guess I've been too busy to peruse the acorn nation, but if they are worse than the Shorthorns I'll stay away.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.