Link: Black students with failing grades demanding a free pass

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In response, some students cite Oberlin College’s graduation of George B. Vashon, the college’s first black student 19 years before the Emancipation Proclamation. Vashon went on to become a professor at Howard University, and today’s black students believe this means they should have the ability to support the “Black Lives Matter” protests and receive a free pass.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1699419/bl...es-demanding-a-free-pass/#XD4szWFWI7xrym9A.99
Did Vashon ask to get out of exams whenever a runaway slave was killed?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I do not think blacks, whites, Asians, Hispanic or anyone else should get a free pass when they are out protesting instead of going to class. This kind of sounds like welfare, you owe me. Bull crap! We owe you nothing.
Why didn't they demand, "give me a passing grade and a welfare scholarship." Then, demand "I shouldn't have to study to make the grades!" Just "give me grades and I'll see you at graduation." Oh! Also, "let's just skip that Bachelors' Degree, I demand a PhD."

alabama mike1, keep thinking that way and you may be banned from Ohio. However, I totally agree with you. In the future you may be able to keep that Principal's job if you pass every student and give them a paid 365 day vacation even in elementary school.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
If the professor permitted these shirkers to receive a 'C' if an 'A' student agreed to receive a 'B', I wonder how many would donate their grades to the cause.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Was there a reason students wouldn't have asked for permission beforehand? At many places, even in the case of a family death you have to seek permission prior to your absence. I know when my father passed away when I was in college, I made arrangements with my professors before I went home.

And I am sorry to interrupt a very good thread where everyone has gotten mocked.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.