Link: Possible Conflict with Championship Game and Cowboys Playoff Game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

While the makeup of the national championship game won't be decided until after the national semifinals on Jan. 1, schools involved in the College Football Playoff already have considered the possibility of a scheduling conflict at AT&T Stadium during the days leading up to the title game on Jan. 12.

The Arlington, Texas, stadium is home to the Dallas Cowboys, who enter the final weekend of the NFL's regular season within striking distance of a first-round bye in the playoffs.

If the Cowboys defeat the Washington Redskins — and get help via losses or ties from four other NFC contenders — the team's first playoff game would come at home in the divisional round. That divisional game would fall on either Jan. 10 or Jan. 11, just ahead of the championship game on Jan. 12.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
In those situations, the teams aren't practicing in the Dome like they will for the championship game. There aren't any media days at the venue like they do with the championship game, either.

True, but the powers that be had to at least planned for this. Then again, nobody saw the Cowboys actually being good this year either.

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
Much ado about nothing. They have contingency plans, and the personnel, to switch the fields. The only issue would be practice time at the facility. I would assume practices are already arranged for an offsite location. No different than they did for the SuperBowl. I think Pittsburgh used some place in Fort Worth and Green Bay used Highland Park High School on the Dallas side.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Much ado about nothing. They have contingency plans, and the personnel, to switch the fields. The only issue would be practice time at the facility. I would assume practices are already arranged for an offsite location. No different than they did for the SuperBowl. I think Pittsburgh used some place in Fort Worth and Green Bay used Highland Park High School on the Dallas side.
Each team practices at another location. The problem comes in the teams' walk-through's.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I agree. Not an issue at all. The Georgia Dome has done 2 games in 3 days before in the Kickoff Classic.
This is NOT an issue!

The Cowboys can play their game with the letters ALABAMA in one end zone and Florida State or Oregon in the other. Not a problem at all.

Really, they can make all the changes needed in just a few hours. Someone may have to work OVERTIME.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

In those situations, the teams aren't practicing in the Dome like they will for the championship game. There aren't any media days at the venue like they do with the championship game, either.
It's great that Alabama played there recently. Some players will be familiar with it. They just need to play the game on the field and NOT watch the BIG screen.

I'm sure there will be at least a walk through by each team the day prior to the game.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
How quickly can the TURF for the College Playoff Championship Game and the two teams playing with end zone names be layed down? Does this mean with short notice that whatever company makes the TURF for the end zones will have to have it ready with TURF for the FOUR teams that may be involved? Or, can the company make the TURF needed quickly enough to have it ready and shipped for just the two finalists?

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I personally think Jerry Jones is constantly constipated not just congestion. That the last place I would have chosen for the inaugural mythical College Football Champ game. Just a bit in info to show you its all about the money. The stadium was built with corporate sponsors buying the tickets and suite. I wont bore you with the facts. But a beer for Mr. Joe Football is $16.00 bucks. For you that dont drink beer. A case of beer is 18-20 bucks at a grocery store. Jone is rich I dont hold that against him.

But if the people that choose the inaugural site were about college football. The choice is so simple I wont even justify it by mentioning it here. The majority of fans will have to watch it on the tube. Maybe just maybe the cowboys loose out the rest of the year and Jerry looses some money.

For those that are Cowboys fans, and pro football fans, this is not a post against pro football. I could care less if they ever played another game of pro ball. I dont care about the NFL at all.

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
How quickly can the TURF for the College Playoff Championship Game and the two teams playing with end zone names be layed down? Does this mean with short notice that whatever company makes the TURF for the end zones will have to have it ready with TURF for the FOUR teams that may be involved? Or, can the company make the TURF needed quickly enough to have it ready and shipped for just the two finalists?
No need, there are at least three sets of turf in onsite storage. The Cowboys turf, a college turf, and one for soccer/other events. All that is needed is for the college turf to be installed and painted for the appropriate teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.