Direct TV is finally going to support WatchEspn

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If you are have a service provider on the list, you should be able to access it all.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
You have to have Comcast cable to get all of it. With just internet you only get access to some of the programs. Believe me, been through this same conversation with Comcast numerous times..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You have to have Comcast cable to get all of it. With just internet you only get access to some of the programs. Believe me, been through this same conversation with Comcast numerous times..
I have net and cable. The last time I had an extensive outage, the TS guy in the Philippines made several concessions and then tried to sell me on Comcast phone. I just commented "Has it occurred to you that you and I couldn't be having this conversation if I had Comcast phone?"

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
This is because AT&T bought Direct TV. I'm not sure what other upgrades the new ownership will bring. But I am hearing an upgraded on demand is coming along with interactive features for certain networks.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I dropped DirecTV back in late July and had AT&T Uverse installed. Then Directv announced (the very next day) that they were going to carry the SEC network. To this day, I still get notices from them that they want me back. Fat chance of that happening..

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
I dropped DirecTV back in late July and had AT&T Uverse installed. Then Directv announced (the very next day) that they were going to carry the SEC network. To this day, I still get notices from them that they want me back. Fat chance of that happening..
U-verse is head and shoulders the best TV service available right now. With the massive On Demand library and Interactive Apps plus all the online network access nobody comes close. I'm not familiar with Googles new venture into TV yet. I'm pretty sure it will rival U-verse since it's fiber to the premise.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
U-verse is head and shoulders the best TV service available right now. With the massive On Demand library and Interactive Apps plus all the online network access nobody comes close. I'm not familiar with Googles new venture into TV yet. I'm pretty sure it will rival U-verse since it's fiber to the premise.
When we had our house built a year or so ago, I had no idea that I wouldn't be able to get whoever I wanted for my cable/internet service. This was my first house building/buying experience so I quickly learned that certain companies had monopolies on the lines of service that run through the neighborhoods. Long story short, Comcast is my only choice for internet (other than satellite internet which doesn't fit my needs) and my only choice for TV was Comcast, Dish, or Direct TV. I went with DTV for my TV service because Comcast would not come out to my house (for about 5 weeks) until my house showed up in their "system." I don't have any real complaints about DTV, but everyone who has U-Verse loves it. I would like to try it out one day if it becomes available in my area..

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Have to heartily agree to that!

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
When we had our house built a year or so ago, I had no idea that I wouldn't be able to get whoever I wanted for my cable/internet service. This was my first house building/buying experience so I quickly learned that certain companies had monopolies on the lines of service that run through the neighborhoods. Long story short, Comcast is my only choice for internet (other than satellite internet which doesn't fit my needs) and my only choice for TV was Comcast, Dish, or Direct TV. I went with DTV for my TV service because Comcast would not come out to my house (for about 5 weeks) until my house showed up in their "system." I don't have any real complaints about DTV, but everyone who has U-Verse loves it. I would like to try it out one day if it becomes available in my area..
its not so much a monopoly (that is, there are no outside restrictions in place), but it's because other providers haven't chosen to extend service to your neighborhood or part of town. It's more like a natural, market-driven segregation. If Provider A already has most of the households in a given neighborhood subscribing, then Provider B knows they likely wouldn't receive much of an immediate return on the investment they'd have to make to run their infrastructure there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.