Link: The Most Violent Crime-Ridden States In America

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I was kinda surprised Alaska was as violent of a State as they truly are..I watched man episodes of "Alaska State Troopers" & alcohol is a big problem in the State because it's illegal to possess..And when folks drinks as much as they do it leads to abuse, rape, and other problems..

Here's The link..CLICK ME

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I was kinda surprised Alaska was as violent of a State as they truly are..I watched man episodes of "Alaska State Troopers" & alcohol is a big problem in the State because it's illegal to possess..And when folks drinks as much as they do it leads to abuse, rape, and other problems..

Alcohol & meth. What else is there to do when it's 10 degrees below zero?

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

When has it become illegal to possess alcohol in Alaska? Hell, I would have been in prison for years with all the Jack Daniels and beer I drank when I was stationed there. A few things about Alaska, almost everyone is packing one way or another whether it's pistol or rifle and it's cold as hell in the winter. I was at Galena and you didn't go outside the dike without a weapon. Lot of black bears, moose and a few browns here and there. We played softball at 1:00 am in the morning during the summer and the field didn't have lights. In the winter it never got light just sort of daylight and then dark again. There isn't much to do when it's 50 below zero with a wind chill of -80 except drink and play cards. This is way back of course but hasn't change too much over the years. The main problem was the natives who had a serious alcohol problem and do just stupid stuff. If your talking about open container then it may be illegal but no different than any other state. Anchorage had it's own set of problems just like Fairbanks. During the summer months Anchorage swells in population because of the fishing and crabbing industry which brought in some fairly surly people. Most of them made a yearly salary in only two or three months so they kind of partied hard. I would almost be wiling to be there are a lot more murders than they know about, you know, bears have to eat. ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I followed the link into the "drunkest states." I figured there would be some overlap, and there was. DC was #1 in both. I'm just happy Alabama didn't make it onto either one...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I'm not really sure how Connecticut didn't make the list. They usually have 3 or 4 of their big cities in the top 50 in murder rates.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
HAHA..I'll have to read that article as well Earle..If I were a betting man I would wager the Cajuns in Louisiana made it on the "Drunkest" list..
I followed the link into the "drunkest states." I figured there would be some overlap, and there was. DC was #1 in both. I'm just happy Alabama didn't make it onto either one...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm not sure when it became illegal & actually don't know if it's illegal in all of Alaska..Like I stated in my original post..I've seen it mentioned on the TV Show "Alaska State Troopers"..Many Troopers on the show has mentioned that alcohol is illegal in the area they patrol..
When has it become illegal to possess alcohol in Alaska? Hell, I would have been in prison for years with all the Jack Daniels and beer I drank when I was stationed there. A few things about Alaska, almost everyone is packing one way or another whether it's pistol or rifle and it's cold as hell in the winter. I was at Galena and you didn't go outside the dike without a weapon. Lot of black bears, moose and a few browns here and there. We played softball at 1:00 am in the morning during the summer and the field didn't have lights. In the winter it never got light just sort of daylight and then dark again. There isn't much to do when it's 50 below zero with a wind chill of -80 except drink and play cards. This is way back of course but hasn't change too much over the years. The main problem was the natives who had a serious alcohol problem and do just stupid stuff. If your talking about open container then it may be illegal but no different than any other state. Anchorage had it's own set of problems just like Fairbanks. During the summer months Anchorage swells in population because of the fishing and crabbing industry which brought in some fairly surly people. Most of them made a yearly salary in only two or three months so they kind of partied hard. I would almost be wiling to be there are a lot more murders than they know about, you know, bears have to eat. ;)

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I'm not sure when it became illegal & actually don't know if it's illegal in all of Alaska..Like I stated in my original post..I've seen it mentioned on the TV Show "Alaska State Troopers"..Many Troopers on the show has mentioned that alcohol is illegal in the area they patrol..
The small native communities get to vote if it is illegal, which most of them have. The larger cities and towns that are based off drilling/mining have bars.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.