Bama first team OSU faces with more talent

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
OSU may be 12-1 in the B1G but that's about like being 9-3 or 8-4 in the SEC especially in the West. Of course that would apply to the Pac-12, Big-12, and of course the ACC.
We can debate that forever and it just doesn't matter now does it? It's a one game season now......that game is Jan 1 in New Orleans. Only two teams on the field....

Happy Holidays to all you guys.....

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Lol....Ole Miss??? That is some serious SEC homerism there my friend. The average recruiting class ranking of Ole Miss for the last 4 years is #21, with only one in the top 10. I think the only people that believe that are found on this site or others like it in the south. It does make for good humor tho.....
Ole Miss is a 3 point underdog against TCU. FACT

TCU would have been a 4 1/2 favorite over Ohio State. FACT

Ergo, Ole Miss would have been a favorite over Ohio State. Doesn't seem like SEC homerism, more like logic. Maybe it would have been a pick 'em. Maybe.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
The fact is that this is a huge game for Urban's credibility as a coach. Yes he has dominated the Big 10, but at a time when his biggest rival is down. That along with the fact that he has done nothing on a national stage yet means that the jury is still out on how good OSU truly is as a national player. Testing themselves against their own conference just won't do it at this point. See the fact that all of are underdogs in their bowls.
Nonsense......

Urban is a guaranteed first ballot Hall of Famer. He has nothing to prove to anyone, anywhere about his coaching chops. His record of achievement everywhere he's coached speaks for itself. He has won championships at every stop and will go down in history as one of the elite coaches of his day and in all of college football history......stop with the madness, jeez....

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Ole Miss is a 3 point underdog against TCU. FACT

TCU would have been a 4 1/2 favorite over Ohio State. FACT

Ergo, Ole Miss would have been a favorite over Ohio State. Doesn't seem like SEC homerism, more like logic. Maybe it would have been a pick 'em. Maybe.
Nonsense.....don't confuse opinion or hypotheticals as fact, they're just not.....nothing else to say

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I just hope that Bama brings their A+ game and leaves it all on the field. Anyone can be beat on any given day. So as long as they go in with the right mind frame and don't look at it as a cakewalk, we should be good.
One of the last times Bama brought their A+ game (other than TAMU this year) was against Mich. State in 2010. Anybody remember that?

Now, it's a different year and different teams, but IF Bama plays it's A+ game it really doesn't matter what anybody else does. That's a fact, Jack!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Nonsense.....don't confuse opinion or hypotheticals as fact, they're just not.....nothing else to say
The guy who makes the spreads for Westgate Superbook said TCU would be a 4 1/2 point favorite over Ohio State. Yes, that's his opinion, but that's what spreads are.

Last edited:

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
I think what Tbux really wants from this board is a little respect.
Very well done....that's funny. In truth, if one doesn't come to an opponent's message board without knowing that they will be subject the most intense bias on the planet then they shouldn't come.....homerism is to be expected and by it's very nature is not rational. So no big deal.....with programs like ours and yours, we're pretty secure in our place amongst the college football elite and history.....neither of us need validation by others. That which is understood need not be discussed.....

What we have in fact is a great and wonderful thing......two of the most storied programs in college football history, led by two of the finest coaches in the game followed by two of largest and intensely loyal fan bases in the country playing in the first ever college football playoff......it is as it should be

Happy Holidays.....

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
One of the last times Bama brought their A+ game (other than TAMU this year) was against Mich. State in 2010. Anybody remember that?

Now, it's a different year and different teams, but IF Bama plays it's A+ game it really doesn't matter what anybody else does. That's a fact, Jack!
Other Bama A games:

2009 SEC Title game
2011 BCS Title game
2012 BCS Title game

All of them were 3 TD beatdowns over #1 ranked teams on a neutral field.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Other Bama A games:

2009 SEC Title game
2011 BCS Title game
2012 BCS Title game

All of them were 3 TD beatdowns over #1 ranked teams on a neutral field.
Actually, I'd only put the ND game in the A+ catagory. I'd put 09 SEC game in the A catagory. But in 2011, we certainly didn't play our best game possible on offense or else we wouldn't have scored a lot more TDs.

But your overall point is the same as mine, when Bama plays close to it's capability, even in just one phase of the game, it's probably not going to end well for the other team.

FWIW, the 10 point spread on this game seems about right to me.

OSU is a very good team. We'll need to play a solid game to beat them, but that's all it should take. Assuming they find the sledding rough, at times, during the game AND assuming they slow us down offensively and get a few scores this game likely will play out somewhere in the 31-21 range with Bama moving on to play for the 'ship.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Can't disagree with any of that.....that said, if we go by the collective rankings of the recruiting services, Bama will be the most talented team we've played, it's also true that we are the most talented team that Bama has played.
That's simply not true though. A quick trip over to rivals proves otherwise. Ohio State has been recruiting well, and true there were limitations earlier on, but that helps you land larger recruiting classes once you have all your scholarships. If you look over the past 5 years, here's how it averages out:
LSU - 2306
Ohio State - 2254

That also shows the danger that Ohio State poses. LSU has given Alabama some tough games, and Ohio State has a comparable level of talent. However, LSU is on a losing streak against Alabama...

There's another team worth mentioning, and that is Florida. Their average actually was 2478. I commented that Florida's really wasn't much less talented than Alabama, and I remember someone disagreeing with me, but as you an see they bridge the talent gap between Ohio State and Alabama. We just don't know how this semi-retirement thing is working out for Meyer. He hasn't had to play anyone, and even when he did have all the talent at Florida (and Saban didn't), Saban got the better of him...

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Nonsense......

Urban is a guaranteed first ballot Hall of Famer. He has nothing to prove to anyone, anywhere about his coaching chops. His record of achievement everywhere he's coached speaks for itself. He has won championships at every stop and will go down in history as one of the elite coaches of his day and in all of college football history......stop with the madness, jeez....
That could very well be true. However in 2009 when he had 21/22 starters back at Florida, Alabama beat them down in the SECCG. Not a good quality for a first ballet HOF coach.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I will say this to be generous to our Ohio State fans visiting...

Under Saban, Bama has been privileged to win some big games, title games against very prominent college names...Texas, Notre Dang, LSU, Florida...Ohio State is certainly another fitting team for us to play. Let the best team win.

VABuckeye

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2014
FACT: Rivals recruiting: Other than Ohio State, Michigan is the only team to finish in the top 10 in the past four years. Michigan, 5th & 7th.

Other than Alabama, the SEC has: Florida, Auburn and LSU with 3 top 10 finishes. Georgia finished in the top 10 two times in past four years and Tennesseem Mississippi and Texas A&M once each. So ..... that means Alabama consistently faces top 10 talent, while OSU faces it ONCE each year.
Rivals? Really?

I go by the 247 Composite as it's a blend and as such would seem to be the most accurate.

Top 5 in the last 4 years. Alabama and Ohio State. Not top 10 and not a couple of years in the top 5. Every single year.

Again, I don't care about the rest of the B1G or the SEC. They aren't relevant to the discussion.

FACT: None of them are playing against Ohio State or Alabama on 1/1/15.

Last edited:

VABuckeye

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2014
I will say this to be generous to our Ohio State fans visiting...

Under Saban, Bama has been privileged to win some big games, title games against very prominent college names...Texas, Notre Dang, LSU, Florida...Ohio State is certainly another fitting team for us to play. Let the best team win.
Agreed. At the end of the day we're all just football fans rooting for our teams.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
That could very well be true. However in 2009 when he had 21/22 starters back at Florida, Alabama beat them down in the SECCG. Not a good quality for a first ballet HOF coach.
Any coach that plays Saban more than a couple times is going to get beat badly at least once. That's not just some saying... every coach Saban has played 3 or more times has been beaten by at least 3 TDs once.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Any coach that plays Saban more than a couple times is going to get beat badly at least once. That's not just some saying... every coach Saban has played 3 or more times has been beaten by at least 3 TDs once.
I just felt like pointing that out. [emoji16][emoji16] Meyer is a for sure HOFer.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.