Bama first team OSU faces with more talent

Easily??? Based upon what???

Of course everybody can have their own personal opinion, but if your using something more objective, it's not close. In the last 4 recruiting classes neither of the Miss schools had any single class rated above any of ours - at least based upon Rivals rankings. The best class either of the Miss schools had was ranked 7th in 2013. MS average was 21 and Ms St average was 34. Auburn had one class - 2011 - rated above ours on Rivals. They were 9th, we were 11th in the Tressell transition year.

Missouri??? C'mon man, we know the SEC East was a dumpster fire this year. Missouri lost at home to Indiana, who won one conference game and finished last in the Big 10. Your just not going to be able to convince anybody outside of SEC country of the superiority of the SEC by using Mississippi schools and the SEC East.....this is not the year
You're just basing it off of recruiting services. I believe at least MSU and AU has more talent because of how they are used and/or how they've panned out.

Missouri though? NO. I do believe they'd give OSU a run though. Indiana lost their QB for the year shortly after they beat Mizzou.

I believe their are quite a few in the SEC that would give OSU trouble. That includes both Mississippi teams.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
You're just basing it off of recruiting services. I believe at least MSU and AU has more talent because of how they are used and/or how they've panned out.

Missouri though? NO. I do believe they'd give OSU a run though. Indiana lost their QB for the year shortly after they beat Mizzou.

I believe their are quite a few in the SEC that would give OSU trouble. That includes both Mississippi teams.

Indiana wasn't going to do anything in the conference even with their QB....and they beat Mizzou at home, they're weak. The Mizzou QB is an Ohio kid, he wouldn't have played on our scout team. Everybody observer of college football saw how weak the SEC East was.....didn't the ACC run the table on them going 4-0 in November rivalry games? It just wasn't their year.....they have been stronger in past years, but not this one......

Indiana wasn't going to do anything in the conference even with their QB....and they beat Mizzou at home, they're weak. The Mizzou QB is an Ohio kid, he wouldn't have played on our scout team. Everybody observer of college football saw how weak the SEC East was.....didn't the ACC run the table on them going 4-0 in November rivalry games? It just wasn't their year.....they have been stronger in past years, but not this one......
Speculating I see.

What you say about the SEC East, everyone says about the whole B1G. I do believe UGA would beat OSU.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Speculating I see.

What you say about the SEC East, everyone says about the whole B1G. I do believe UGA would beat OSU.

Georgia.....Georgia has a fine squad. I would say Georgia would look to be around a .500 team in the B1G West, right there with Nebraska, Minny and Iowa. Georgia lost to Nebraska in last years Gator Bowl so we do have some basis for comparison....

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
You can't be serious.

Of course.....can't really say they are better than Nebraska given they lost to them just last year under similar circumstances? I mean of course you can, but it would be pure biased, speculative opinion contrary to the most relevant set of facts.

It was a very competitive game, so sure, I'd say Nebraska and Georgia are similar teams given their on-field performance, but given their victory, I'd have to give Nebraska the nod. Both are fine teams, neither is close to our equal......

Of course.....can't really say they are better than Nebraska given they lost to them just last year under similar circumstances? I mean of course you can, but it would be pure biased, speculative opinion contrary to the most relevant set of facts.

It was a very competitive game, so sure, I'd say Nebraska and Georgia are similar teams given their on-field performance, but given their victory, I'd have to give Nebraska the nod. Both are fine teams, neither is close to our equal......
Wow...

Well, I know at least one team is that and more.

What's funny, you're taking one game.... Nevermind! You've lost it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Tbux, I'll give you an A for effort and resiliency.

Don't know if you know it, but our resident journalist, JessN, has his game analysis thread up. It's a sticky thread at the top. You'll appreciate his "fairness" to OSU but I'd remind you he tends to be very conservative in his predictions.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

If you are using last year's bowl games, I assume you think Ohio State is on the level of Clemson? And we are a little behind Oklahoma?

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Wow...

Well, I know at least one team is that and more.

What's funny, you're taking one game.... Nevermind! You've lost it.

It's the only game Georgia and Nebraska played unless I'm missing something.....I mean why pretend it didn't happen? How can you argue - in a rational manner - that Georgia was a demonstrably superior football team to Nebraska when they lost to them......it happened. There is nothing further I can say......

It's the only game Georgia and Nebraska played unless I'm missing something.....I mean why pretend it didn't happen? How can you argue - in a rational manner - that Georgia was a demonstrably superior football team to Nebraska when they lost to them......it happened. There is nothing further I can say......
Not arguing.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Going back to the college football climate of the early 90's when we faced Miami as an underdog in '92, it's almost impossible to compare that to today primarily because it doesn't take into account the dominance of the SEC during the last 8 years of the BCS.

Miami was just one school who had been dominant, but it's hard to explain how a whole league could dominate college football the way the SEC has done in the last decade or so.

The biggest thing OSU has going for it is "Urby" and his understanding of what the SEC is really like. He's in the process of trying to build an SEC type team. He's probably a year or two short of getting there and that is why many see OSU right now like a "middle of the pack" SEC school.

What Jimbo, a former SEC coordinator, has done at FSU is build a SEC type team in a weak ACC league.

If Urby is successful he'll have OSU dominating the Big the way Jimbo is currently doing in the ACC year in and year out, but does that really get you ready????....

Which brings us back to SEC dominance...it's because the SEC schools get tested all year long...that's the one thing the SEC schools have taken into the BCS every year and that's why they have walked away with the NC so often. If the Barn had a defense, they'd have made it 8 straight.

Last edited:

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
If you are using last year's bowl games, I assume you think Ohio State is on the level of Clemson? And we are a little behind Oklahoma?
We both finished the year badly having our NC dreams go bust and losing the last two in a row......he made the claim that Georgia is superior, you'll have to ask him the basis for his claim. But I must say using Georgia's loss to Nebraska to provide some basis of comparison is better than using nothing, no?

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
And Georgia played that game without their starting QB- you left that fact out I see. I do not believe that you really believe half of what you are posting here- but it is entertaining and comical.
Georgia.....Georgia has a fine squad. I would say Georgia would look to be around a .500 team in the B1G West, right there with Nebraska, Minny and Iowa. Georgia lost to Nebraska in last years Gator Bowl so we do have some basis for comparison....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Drop the pointless sparring, guys. Making guesses as to where one team would finish in another's conference or using other seasons to somehow try to bolster an argument are equally silly.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
And Georgia beat Nebraska soundly the year before. Remember that? LSU beat Iowa last year. South Carolina beat Wisconsin. Do you really want me to continue?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.