Bama first team OSU faces with more talent

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
ALABAMA is more talented than OHIO STATE ! But to me the one glaring difference is the tide plays better when it has something to play for ! Let's look at the facts ALABAMA did not care about the sugar bowl last year, we had just lost to our hated rival on a fluke play. But here we are year later with a QB that no one gave a chance !!!!, all the questions on defense but with some great coaching HERE WE ARE !!! My dad told me a while ago "SON NOW YOU KNOW HOW BAMA WAS IN THE 70'S" HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF. GREAT TIME TO BE A BAMA FAN. !!!!! Let's go be champions boy's

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I have never believed the team with more stars out of High School has as large of an advantage as some seem to on here when it comes to the top schools. Talent is relative and Ohio State has talented players.

I really like experience and instinct for the game, the ability to be a team player with heart and dedication. The talent gap between our 11 against their best 11 will be closer than some may think.

As far as the "betting line or spread" to indicate who the Vegas odds makers think will win the game seems completely misunderstood by many people.

Alabama must play very well to win this game. I hope our players are working to be at their peak. I believe OSU has the motivational advantage from just who we are and will prepare to execute their best game.

If we also elevate our play I love our chances.:BigA:
I disagree that we "must play well to win this game". Ohio State is the team that needs to "Play out of its mind" to win this game, not us. I fully believe that we have room for error and Ohio State doesn't.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
It's not as unlikely though if the game was an aberration due to an uninterested and unmotivated Wisconsin head coach mailing it in for that game. If the OSU players start thinking that they really are 50+ points better than Wisconsin, then that could lead to some serious preparation and focus issues.

It's also very common for teams to have huge letdowns after blowout wins.
I just don't believe that OSU is really 59 points better than Wisconsin. Their HC mailed that one in. He already knew he was going to Oregon State and wasn't focused at all in that game.

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
Penn State had not given up a run over 30 yards this year, they have given up three already to BC and are still in the third quarter. Maybe that statistic says something about the overall level of play in the B1G this year?

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Penn State had not given up a run over 30 yards this year, they have given up three already to BC and are still in the third quarter. Maybe that statistic says something about the overall level of play in the B1G this year?
Yeah that's pretty much right on point with defense outside of the SEC. Just like with ND in 2012. #1 in scoring defense and they give up 42 when they play Alabama. Texas in 2009, #1 in rushing defense but give up 225 to Alabama.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The reference was to Phil Steele's rankings, pre-season. We've actually become younger, because of injuries to older players...

LINK
Expect LSU to bounce back in a big way according to those stats. IF they can get settled at the QB position.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Expect LSU to bounce back in a big way according to those stats. IF they can get settled at the QB position.
Man, that's the kicker, isn't it? They just don't seem to be able to sign or retain one, no matter what. There's also been some bad evaluation done down there...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I bet they'd take the "chest-less" Gunner Kiel right now. He looks more than serviceable at Cincy.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I disagree that we "must play well to win this game". Ohio State is the team that needs to "Play out of its mind" to win this game, not us. I fully believe that we have room for error and Ohio State doesn't.
Idk. I believe we do need to play well and to think otherwise would be selling the moment short. Here we are one game away from being in the NCG again! I hope our boys bring their A++ game and leave NO DOUBT.

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
Man, that's the kicker, isn't it? They just don't seem to be able to sign or retain one, no matter what. There's also been some bad evaluation done down there...
Simple solution, just take the next QB to desert UF, they seem to be doing good enough anywhere but Florida, bet UF would like one of them back. I think I read today that Driskel will be the next one out the door.

Sorry mods about the waaayyyy off thread comment...

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
To any Buckeye fans that's bringing up opponents, Alabama has about 4 or 5, maybe even 6 opponents better than anyone OSU has played. I'd be careful if I were them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
4 or 5, maybe even 6? Wow, that sounds impressive and I doubt whether or not there is anybody in the world outside SEC country that believes that but it sounds impressive nonetheless.....enjoy the thought!

4 or 5, maybe even 6? Wow, that sounds impressive and I doubt whether or not there is anybody in the world outside SEC country that believes that but it sounds impressive nonetheless.....enjoy the thought!
Just saying. It's just an opinion guy. lol Seriously though, Mississippi State, Mississippi and AU are better than OSU. Arkansas and LSU would be a tough out for them. Though they'd beat UF it would be hard to score on them. To me, OSU is a mid pack SEC West team. That's still good though because all teams in the West are bowling.

OSU doesn't face the schedule teams in the SEC face. You don't have a Death Valley or a Swamp. E. Lansing is ok, but come on. To see a team like OSU to struggle against Michigan and Minnesota and PENN STATE(!) is strange, not to mention losing to 6-6 VT. (7-6 now) but you won and that's all that counts though.

I guess.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Just saying. It's just an opinion guy. lol Seriously though, Mississippi State, Mississippi and AU are better than OSU. Arkansas and LSU would be a tough out for them. Though they'd beat UF it would be hard to score on them. To me, OSU is a mid pack SEC West team. That's still good though because all teams in the West are bowling.

OSU doesn't face the schedule teams in the SEC face. You don't have a Death Valley or a Swamp.

Please.....are you really gonna count on the Mississippi schools to carry the SEC water for you???? Seriously? When you trot out the Mississippi schools to make your case, you got issues....
They are not now, nor have they ever been, nor, barring Armageddon, ever will be better than we are in any respect....that's just silly.

I've been to Death Valley.....overrated. Some very SEC friendly refs prevented them from losing that one.....Big house and State College, bigger venues, Madison just as crazy and all
more intimidating. The Swamp? They haven't scared anybody there except themselves since Urby left.....

Face it, it's not your year. Many SEC traditional stalwarts just aren't very good....it happens. My god, look at the Stripeheads in our conferences.....they're hideous

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Please.....are you really gonna count on the Mississippi schools to carry the SEC water for you???? Seriously? When you trot out the Mississippi schools to make your case, you got issues....
They are not now, nor have they ever been, nor, barring Armageddon, ever will be better than we are in any respect....that's just silly.

I've been to Death Valley.....overrated. Some very SEC friendly refs prevented them from losing that one.....Big house and State College, bigger venues, Madison just as crazy and all
more intimidating. The Swamp? They haven't scared anybody there except themselves since Urby left.....

Face it, it's not your year. Many SEC traditional stalwarts just aren't very good....it happens. My god, look at the Stripeheads in our conferences.....they're hideous
Yeah it's a horrible idea to bring up two teams that went 10-2 and 9-3. How can they possibly "carry water?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

tOSU needs to schedule a game with LSU in Red Stick. It can be intimidating to some teams, even Notre Dame. If tOSU were to visit the real Death Valley (Clemson seems to think they have one), you'd come away thinking those people are crazy down there. To many teams it can be more intimidating to fans than to teams like Alabama. Just look at our record playing there since 1960. It's almost like a home game except for their crazy fans. Bama even gets to wear it's home Crimson jerseys. With crazy fans yelling and throwing urine, the Bengal Tiger being turned loose against the visiting team, the visiting team bus shaking and swaying all kind of ways, it can be intimidating.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Yea Ole Miss or Mississippi State could never do what mighty Virginia Tech did and beat OSU..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
One of those Miss. schools beat the now #1 Bama team and the other one was ranked #1 when Bama beat them to allow OSU a chance to slide in to the #4 playoff spot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.