Bama first team OSU faces with more talent

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
That's why Ohio State's matchup with Alabama in the Sugar Bowl promises to bring a whole new challenge the Buckeyes haven't seen yet – a team that they can't just out-talent to beat.

The truth is, there is no sample to draw back on in terms of Ohio State playing a team as talented as itself. It hasn't happened in Meyer's first three seasons in Columbus.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/12/ohio_state_football_how_will_t.html

Better to roll down hill than to fight uphill. I like our chances :D

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Jeez, reading the comment section is like being on an *u site. I expect this to be a good game, and if Bama does not play to it's capability, they can lose. If Bama does play to it's capability, then I don't care how well OSU plays, I don't expect it to be enough to win...period. And if they believe that game against OU was a game that Bama played to it's capability, and that's what they think they will be playing against, they'd better hope so, otherwise, there will be a rude awakening in store for them.

Roll Tide!

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Can't disagree with any of that.....that said, if we go by the collective rankings of the recruiting services, Bama will be the most talented team we've played, it's also true that we are the most talented team that Bama has played.

We will have to play at our best to have a decent opportunity to win and hope we can force the Tide into mistakes. To be sure, Bama has a greater margin error esp in light of our QB situation, but I see us playing pretty well and if the moment doesn't prove too big for our inexperienced QB, I think we match up pretty well and I like our chances......

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Can't disagree with any of that.....that said, if we go by the collective rankings of the recruiting services, Bama will be the most talented team we've played, it's also true that we are the most talented team that Bama has played.

We will have to play at our best to have a decent opportunity to win and hope we can force the Tide into mistakes. To be sure, Bama has a greater margin error esp in light of our QB situation, but I see us playing pretty well and if the moment doesn't prove too big for our inexperienced QB, I think we match up pretty well and I like our chances......
Both OSU and Bama have failed to play to their potential this year in several games. I guess that is why I am a little bit nervous.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Bless your heart.

The only way OSU wins is if Bama plays their B- or worse game.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Bama has played 3 or 4 teams this year with very comparable talent to OSU. OSU hasn't played a team that is remotely close to Bama in talent. That doesn't mean that OSU can't win the game, but it would probably take a miracle..

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Both OSU and Bama have failed to play to their potential this year in several games. I guess that is why I am a little bit nervous.
It happens.....both teams ended last year with back to back losses playing games not up to our standards and have played poorly in several games this season. That's why we play the games......if either team fails to play its best, they will be in peril......like I said previously, given our QB situation, we don't have as much margin for error as Bama, but I'd be shocked if this team didn't play it's "A" game

VABuckeye

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2014
Bama has played 3 or 4 teams this year with very comparable talent to OSU. OSU hasn't played a team that is remotely close to Bama in talent. That doesn't mean that OSU can't win the game, but it would probably take a miracle..
Two teams in the country have been in the top 5 in recruiting for the last 4 seasons (including this year). Alabama and Ohio State. So what teams that haven't recruited at the level of these two teams over this period of time have comparable talent to Ohio State? You're clouding facts with SECSECSEC mentality IMO.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Two teams in the country have been in the top 5 in recruiting for the last 4 seasons (including this year). Alabama and Ohio State. So what teams that haven't recruited at the level of these two teams over this period of time have comparable talent to Ohio State? You're clouding facts with SECSECSEC mentality IMO.
If you don't think the SEC is a more talented conference than the B1G than I don't have anything else to say. That's not an opinion or bias- it's a fact based on recruiting classes and the NFL draft..
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...und-picks-schools-conferences-recruit-ratings

Last edited:

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
I don't believe that at all......Ole Miss, MSU, Arky et al aren't in the same universe. Auburn and LSU are the closest to us yet still trail based on recruiting rankings the last 4 years and that doesn't begin to take into account coaching staff development of talent. We lost 3 O-lineman to the draft this year, not all were 4 or 5* recruits, but they are all starting in the NFL as rookies.

We watched Wisconsin curbstomp LSU until Melvin Gordon went down, we're not LSU and you would be making a huge mistake if you thought the talent comparable....it's not

VABuckeye

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2014
If you don't think the SEC is a more talented conference than the B1G than I don't have anything else to say. That's not an opinion or bias- it's a fact based on recruiting classes and the NFL draft..
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...und-picks-schools-conferences-recruit-ratings
That wasn't the statement that I responded to. He stated that Alabama has played 3-4 teams with very comparable talent to Ohio State. One team. Not the B1G and not the SEC. No team other than Alabama in the SEC has as much overall talent as Ohio State. That is my assertion and the recruiting experts rankings back this up emphatically.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
I'll say Bama would have to play a C game and they'll have to be A+ with extra credit work.

We've seen Bama play bad ball and still blow teams away. SEC teams.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
Well, if you play like you did against Ole Miss, Miss St, Arky, LSU or Auburn.....you'll get hammered, 3rd string QB or not. But I expect Bama to play much better than they did in those games

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Recruiting stars are nice things to brag about...but it stands out that Bama has 11 more 5 star recruits than OSU.

Now think about that: that is one half of a starting lineup. Five stars don't always pan out, but it only takes one or two to make a difference in a game...but we're talking about 11 more 5 stars in this game. WOW!!!

This fact doesn't mean Bama wins the game, but I'm glad we are on the good side of this stat!!!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't believe that at all......Ole Miss, MSU, Arky et al aren't in the same universe. Auburn and LSU are the closest to us yet still trail based on recruiting rankings the last 4 years and that doesn't begin to take into account coaching staff development of talent. We lost 3 O-lineman to the draft this year, not all were 4 or 5* recruits, but they are all starting in the NFL as rookies.

We watched Wisconsin curbstomp LSU until Melvin Gordon went down, we're not LSU and you would be making a huge mistake if you thought the talent comparable....it's not
Did you even read my post? I said comparable talent. OSU and LSU have comparable talent. If you think OSU has vastly more talent than AU or LSU then you are sadly mistaken. That was my original point though- Bama has played several teams with very good talent while OSU hasn't played a single team that would compare to Bama. If you think Wisconsin is comparable to Bama you must not have watched much football this year. There is a reason Bama is a 10 point favorite in this game and has been favored in every game for the past 5 years..

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
LSU and Florida are both fairly comparable as far as overall talent as tOSU. Averaging recruiting pos over the last 6 years (5+this year) looks like this:

(Lower the number the better)
Alabama - 1.833
Florida - 6.0
LSU - 6.167

So yes, tOSU has finished top 5 a lot but UF and LSU are tied for finishing on average of 6th over the past 5 years (plus this one).

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
That wasn't the statement that I responded to. He stated that Alabama has played 3-4 teams with very comparable talent to Ohio State. One team. Not the B1G and not the SEC. No team other than Alabama in the SEC has as much overall talent as Ohio State. That is my assertion and the recruiting experts rankings back this up emphatically.
IMO, AU and LSU have about the same amount of talent as OSU, considering you guys are down to your 3rd string QB..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.