Big 10 is underdog in all ten bowl games.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Big 10 is the underdog in all ten bowl games. That's right. 0-10. The Pac 12 is favored in all eight of their games. That's right. 8-0.

The SEC is favored in nine of their twelve bowl games. 9-3. The Big 12 is favored in four of their seven bowl games. 4-3. The ACC is and underdog in seven of their eleven. 4-7.

I am sure this is part of the ESPN bias ;)

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The fact that the big ten has 10 teams eligible for bowls at all is mind-boggling, while the Pac 12 (supposedly the best conference?) has only 8.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Here is the actual B1G Bowl lineup for any interested.

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl
Illinois vs La Tech

Quick Lane Bowl
Rutgers vs. North Carolina

New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Penn St. vs Boston College

National University Holiday Bowl
Nebraska vs. USC

Foster Farms Bowl
Maryland vs. Stanford

Outback Bowl
Wisconsin vs. Auburn

Goodyear Cotton Bowl
Michigan St. vs Baylor

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
Minnesota vs. Mizzou

Taxslayer Bowl
Iowa vs. Tennessee

All State Sugar Bowl
Ohio State vs. Alabama

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Michigan State is the only team I expect to win. After OSU and MSU, the rest of the conference is god awful.
I have Michigan State picked to upset Baylor in the pick 'em just because I think Baylor and TCU are so disappointed that they won't play well. But after remembering what Oregon did to Michigan State I am having second thoughts that they can hold Baylor under 50 points.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Michigan State is the only team I expect to win. After OSU and MSU, the rest of the conference is god awful.
Michigan State will get blown out if Baylor shows up and plays their game. Baylor will score 50+ on them. Baylor's offense is BETTER than Oregon's. Baylor's offense has a better OL and way better WR's than Oregon. Petty is actually a very good QB too and Shock Linwood is an NFL caliber RB. All in all, Baylor has better weapons and OL than Oregon and Mariota is only a few notches better than Petty.

Also, Baylor has a better defense than Oregon (at least along the front 7)

If Baylor and Oregon played, I think Baylor would beat them.

Baylor was the ONE TEAM that I didn't want my Tide playing in the final 4.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Here is the thing about Baylor: Will they be flat after being left out? Since they were not really ever a player anyway (TCU ahead of them) it may be they were not really counting on the championship, unlike Alabama in 2008 and 2013.

Baylor recruiting avg. over past four years is 31, Michigan St 32. So on paper an evenly matched game with Baylor a 4 pt favorite and computer avg. is Baylor 1 pt favorite.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Baylor recruiting avg. over past four years is 31, Michigan St 32. So on paper an evenly matched game with Baylor a 4 pt favorite and computer avg. is Baylor 1 pt favorite.
Art Briles knows Texas recruits better than anyone in the country. He has a lot of connections at the High School ranks in Texas. He takes these 2-3 star recruits and they turn into studs at Baylor. He sees 5 star recruits in these 2-3 star recruits in other words. So whatever Baylor's recruiting average is, its very mispositioned due to this.

Ive seen a lot of cases where players he targets that were originally 2 star recruits, magically turn into 3-4 star recruits over on Rivals and elsewhere just due to the fact that Art Briles is after him. A lot of these College teams in Texas ride his coattails and wait and see what Briles goes after and they try stealing that player from under Briles and Baylor (which rarely works now because Baylor is on the rise and players actually want to play there now)

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I have Michigan State picked to upset Baylor in the pick 'em just because I think Baylor and TCU are so disappointed that they won't play well. But after remembering what Oregon did to Michigan State I am having second thoughts that they can hold Baylor under 50 points.
I thought just the opposite (Baylor). I assume they'll have a chip on their shoulder and will want to show/prove that they really belonged in the playoffs and will therefore put a major beatdown on MSU. That and the fact that Michigan State lost to the two elite teams on their schedule made me pick Baylor in their bowl game.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
There are several teams who do much better than they recruit. Kansas State avg ranking is 62 over past 5 years! Wisconsin is 44. Ga Tech 54 (because of wishbone, I guess).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.