A Saban/Meyer comparison I have not seen discussed...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Don't even think about pulling the "Saban failure in the NFL" excuse. He had one winning and one losing season. Also he didn't get fired he left on his own. CNS wanted Drew Brees because he knew the good he saw in him. The Dolphins ownership and GM didn't listen to him. He knew what he was doing. Also the Dolphins have had ***ONE*** winning season, ***ONE*** division title, ***ONE*** playoff appearance since, and ***ZERO*** playoff wins since CNS left them. Meanwhile Pete Carroll went 6-10 in his one season with the Jets and 27-21 with the Patriots (along with getting fired) to go 33-31. Does that make him a failure??? No, he went to Seattle (as much as I dislike them) who has a good ownership and good GM and who probably listens to what he has to say and look what happened, they won a Super Bowl and have a good shot (I really hope they don't) at repeating. Bottom line is that it is completely different being a HC in college vs. the NFL. It is just a lot more red tape that CNS didn't want to deal with hence why the Dolphins have continued to be a failure to this day because of their bad ownership.
The worst aspect of it was he'd extracted a promise of having total control over personnel. When he got there on the ground, that didn't happen. I don't think he'll ever coach NFL again...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.