FSU RB listed as associate in assault case

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Re: FSU RB listed as associate in assaurlt case

Oh, I know nothing will come of it down in Look-The-Other-Way U. It is just the 360 athletes being on the police record that awed me. Wow.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
It's past the point of sickening. Most residents here have a poor opinion of TPD (for other reasons), and believe they should be merged with the Leon County Sheriffs Dept.

I doubt anything happens due to this report. Jimbo will be defending him as an ambassador of goodwill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Re: FSU RB listed as associate in assaurlt case

Cook is a serious weapon. They'd better hope he plays. I am sure Jimbo will take care of this.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Was this the one that beat up his girlfriend and didn't get any punishment? It's hard to keep up with all their criminals.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Nope. That was Karlos Williams.

Earlier this season TPD attempted to interview FSU tailback Karlos Williams about his role, if any, in an alleged robbery of an FSU student. And TPD also opened an investigation into an alleged domestic battery involving Williams and his pregnant girlfriend. Williams declined to be interviewed by police and the state attorney's office in both cases and was never charged in either case.

from espn, who is now reporting it. I was not aware that a person could decline to talk to the police.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya.

Seriously, when does the NCAA step in? FSU is seriously stinking up the FL panhandle. Who in their right mind would send their kid...and their money...to that cesspool?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Earlier this season TPD attempted to interview FSU tailback Karlos Williams about his role, if any, in an alleged robbery of an FSU student. And TPD also opened an investigation into an alleged domestic battery involving Williams and his pregnant girlfriend. Williams declined to be interviewed by police and the state attorney's office in both cases and was never charged in either case.

from espn, who is now reporting it. I was not aware that a person could decline to talk to the police.
Pretty sure you can decline to talk to police no matter what. If you are not in custody police really have no legal right to question you. Well they can question you but you don't have to answer. If you are detained you can decline questions and demand to speak to an attorney. I could be wrong, but I think that is how the law works..

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Pretty sure you can decline to talk to police no matter what. If you are not in custody police really have no legal right to question you. Well they can question you but you don't have to answer. If you are detained you can decline questions and demand to speak to an attorney. I could be wrong, but I think that is how the law works..
Yep. You are right. Best strategy, which has worked well for the Criminoles, is just decline to speak.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

You have the right to remain silent.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Well, I was basing my confusion on the police actually WANTING to question a person. I know you can take the 5th. I should have said I didn't know the police would let you go free of a crime if you refused to talk. Or, I didn't know the police would let you go free if you were an FSU athlete.

Speaking of which, how does the rest of the ACC feel about this? Are they so desperate to be a player in the College World that they will look the other way also? Oh, never mind. I forgot how the SEC looked the other way with Scam.

catsbane

Scout Team
Dec 11, 2008
Helena
Not to highjack the thread but the link also has a nice article on Hogs' RB Jonathan Williams. Seems like a decent young man with right priorities and his head on straight.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.