Sugar Bowl Tickets Face Value

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Guys,
I noticed on ticketcity.com the upper deck tickets are now down to as low as 173.00. Are the tickets on set price regardless of location or do they vary? Looks like plenty of tickets available. Tempted to go, though I hate New Orleans. Getting to be an old fuddy dud. ;)
RTR

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Guys,
I noticed on ticketcity.com the upper deck tickets are now down to as low as 173.00. Are the tickets on set price regardless of location or do they vary? Looks like plenty of tickets available. Tempted to go, though I hate New Orleans. Getting to be an old fuddy dud. ;)
RTR
My son just ordered and they do vary depending on location and sellers requested price. This is a first for us but we are willing to try the gamble as Stub Hub is much more expensive.

BuckeyeAlumnus

Suspended
Dec 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
Guys,
RTR
Ticketcity has the lowest prices but each ticket will come with a $40-50 fee, so it about evens out with stubhub

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I am surprised there are plenty of seats left. It could be the limited places to stay in NO. If you plug in you want to stay for 3 nights some hotels that are "full" for one night might have availability for those willing to pay for three nights.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I paid less for my tickets on stubhub then I could for the same section on every other ticket site. Plus they'll be waiting on me in New Orleans instead of having to pay to ship them to me.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I paid less for my tickets on stubhub then I could for the same section on every other ticket site. Plus they'll be waiting on me in New Orleans instead of having to pay to ship them to me.
Matt, my last post on the subject. I got better tickets lower cost via Ticket City and they are in New Orleans hotel similar to way Stub Hub delivers as well.

Roll Tide!! Let's both enjoy a victory for Bama.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
I'm beginning to think the stadium will not be full. I've got two tickets I can't use and have had a time trying to sell them. Just hoping I get it done before the game.
I think you are right, and I bet the Rose Bowl won't be full, either. Why should fans (of the winning teams) pay and travel to see TWO bowl games less than two weeks apart? We will see even more empty seats when they move to an 8 team playoff setup, IMO.

Of course, the people putting these things on are getting the real money from TV, not ticket sales, so empty seats don't bother them.

bamafan76

1st Team
Sep 19, 2004
Kenner, LA
I'm beginning to think the stadium will not be full. I've got two tickets I can't use and have had a time trying to sell them. Just hoping I get it done before the game.
Looking at StubHub map this morning, EVERY upper deck section for OSU has tickets for sale, and just about every plaza level section for OSU has tickets for sale. The total number of tickets just on StubHub for sale is just over 2900 with 5 days left before game day.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Yeah, no doubt. I hope they never go to the 8 team playoff. I'd hate to see big bowl games as empty as some of them have been this year. Seeing the old Cotton Bowl yesterday with no one in the seats was depressing.
I agree. At the beginning of the 2014 season, I was in favor of an 8 team playoff but not any more.

athlete37

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2012
I agree. At the beginning of the 2014 season, I was in favor of an 8 team playoff but not any more.
As someone who has never been in favor of the 8 team playoff (Alabama would have had to play Miss State possibly first round, Oregon-Mich. State, and TCU-Baylor if the rankings would've stayed about the same the final week), I think that they would give out home field advantage for the first and possibly second round of games. I think this would solve the attendance dilemma, but could create some cold January destinations.
When ND was looking good to make the playoffs (LOL right?) my friend asked if we should buy semifinals tickets. I think going to the semifinal is a lose-lose situation unless you're the heavy favorite and live close to the semi-final/final-- as Bama is both this year. Otherwise your outcomes are: spend all of your money to see a win and then not be able to go to the BIG game following; OR spend all of your money to watch your team lose.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The only way 8-team is viable for the fans is with the first round games being hosted by the higher seed. I don't think the bowl power structure will be happy with that arrangement. The reason this 4-team model worked was because it brokered a winning deal for television and bowl hosts. I know some of these minor bowls would hate 4 huge games killing a weekend for them in mid-December. I also figure that the Army-Navy weekend is a no fly zone for reasons of respect to that rivalry.

There are some highly political reasons why this won't happen quickly. I'd love to see home playoff games if 8-team happens, at least for the first round. It is the only logistically possible way I see it working. Unfortunately it will open a can of worms the host sites and ESPN may not like at the moment.

Of course, ESPN owns most of these lowest level bowls. I don't doubt they'd pull the rug out from under the Montogomery Bowl types if they think 4 playoff games could net them more money.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I got my tickets for face value, $250 each. They are in the first section above field level--mezzanine? Loge? One of those. They are in the corner of the end zone on the Bama side. We got them from an AD of another University who was able to buy a bunch of tickets. The Sugar Bowl says the game is sold out but apparently sold out means we sell the majority of the tickets to ticket brokers. Which begs the question, why don't they just sell them to fans instead of the brokers? Is it because they know they will get a sell out for their books that way? Really SUCKS if you ask me!!

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I got my tickets for face value, $250 each. They are in the first section above field level--mezzanine? Loge? One of those. They are in the corner of the end zone on the Bama side. We got them from an AD of another University who was able to buy a bunch of tickets. The Sugar Bowl says the game is sold out but apparently sold out means we sell the majority of the tickets to ticket brokers. Which begs the question, why don't they just sell them to fans instead of the brokers? Is it because they know they will get a sell out for their books that way? Really SUCKS if you ask me!!
Wow you got them for face? Great. Have a great time and Roll Tide!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.