Blog: Latest Bama News 12/26/14-12-28 Weekend Edtion

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Vegas sharp breaks down pre-New Year’s SEC bowls-sds

SEC football finally resumes Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET. There are a total of seven bowl games involving a conference member before New Year’s.
Brian Edwards, a long-time Las Vegas handicapper with an emphasis on SEC football, will provide his thoughts and insights on the line moves throughout the 2014 season. Edwards, a University of Florida graduate, is a weekly radio guest in Las Vegas, Omaha and Memphis and makes regular appearances on Chad Millman’s betting podcast on ESPN.com.
You can check out his work on Twitter or on his website, BrianEdwardsSports.com.

SATURDAY

South Carolina vs. Miami (Independence Bowl)
Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. ET
Thursday Line: Miami -3.5 (opened -1)
Over/Under: 61 (opened 60)
Public: 54 percent Gamecocks
The Play: South Carolina.

MONDAY

Texas A&M vs. West Virginia (Liberty Bowl)
Kickoff: 2 p.m. ET
Thursday Line: West Virginia -3.5 (opened -4)
Over/Under: 67.5 (opened 64.5)
Public: 59 percent Aggies
The Play: Slight lean to Texas A&M.
Texas vs. Arkansas (Texas Bowl)
Kickoff: 9 p.m. ET
Thursday Line: Arkansas -6 (opened -4.5)
Over/Under: 45 (opened 45.5)
Public: 70 percent Razorbacks
The Play: Arkansas.

TUESDAY

LSU vs. Notre Dame (Music City Bowl)
Kickoff: 3 p.m. ET
Thursday Line: LSU -7.5 (opened -8.5)
Over/Under: 52.5 (opened 51.5)
Public: 61 percent Tigers
The Play: LSU.
Louisville vs. Georgia (Belk Bowl)
Kickoff: 6:30 p.m. ET
Thursday Line: Georgia -7 (opened -7)
Over/Under: 56.5 (opened 57)
Public: 66 percent Bulldogs
The Play: Pass.

WEDNESDAY

Ole Miss vs. TCU (Peach Bowl)
Kickoff: 12:30 p.m. ET
Thursday Line: TCU -3.5 (opened -3.5)
Over/Under: 56.5 (opened 56)
Public: 76 percent Horned Frogs
The Play: Pass.
Georgia Tech vs. Mississippi State (Orange Bowl)
Kickoff: 8 p.m. ET
Thursday Line: Mississippi State -7 (opened -7)
Over/Under: 62 (opened 61)
Public: 61 percent Yellow Jackets
The Play: Strong on Mississippi State.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Report: Aggies add Utah OC Christensen as new offensive line coach-sds

Texas A&M began piecing its coaching staff back together Thursday by hiring Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen as its new offensive line coach and run game coordinator. The news was first reported by 1280 AM The Zone in Utah.

Bruce Feldman ✔ @BruceFeldmanCFB Follow #Utah OC Dave Christensen will join #TAMU as new OL coach/Run Game Coordinator, source tells @FoxSports. 1st reported by 1280 The Zone

Christensen will replace former Aggies offensive line coach B.J. Anderson, who parted ways with the program earlier this month. He will not coach in A&M’s Liberty Bowl showdown with West Virginia next week.
Terms of the deal have not been reported as of Thursday night. This season, Christensen earned $500,000 at Utah. Anderson earned $334,000 at Texas A&M in 2014.
The former Utah OC spent just one year leading the Utes offense after spending five seasons as the head coach at the University of Wyoming.
His Utah offense ranked 11th in the Pac 12 in total offense this season, although the Utes did have the fourth-best rushing offense in the conference. For what it’s worth, Texas A&M finished the year 12th in the SEC in rushing offense.
Prior to arriving at Wyoming in 2009, Christensen spent 15 seasons as an assistant to fellow SEC coach Gary Pinkel at Toledo (1991-96) and Missouri (2000-2008).

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

ESPN releases college football quotes of the year-sds

The college football season isn’t quite over yet, but that doesn’t mean it’s too early to start reflecting on all that took place throughout the last four months.
ESPN took this year’s Christmas season as an opportunity to do just that, releasing its collection of the best college football quotes from the past season.

Here’s a peak at the SEC-related quotes featured by the Worldwide Leader on Thursday morning:
LSU head coach Les Miles on Election Day (warning: this has nothing to do with college football, but it’s vintage Miles):
“Just recognize that it’s Election Day coming up, where all those model citizens will get off and take care of their duties to their country. This is not Columbus Day; this is not just for the Italians. This is certainly not St. Paddy’s; it’s not just for the Irish. It is for all of those who have the ability to vote in our country, so get out and do that, please.”
Florida head coach Will Muschamp on a fulfilling TV obligations even after he was fired:
“I’ve got to do a TV show [Sunday]. You get fired — I’m not a very good negotiator. So I’m ready to do that. That’ll be a blast. I get to hang out with Mick [Hubert]. That’s part of the deal. I’m not a good negotiator.”
Former Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson on stopping Todd Gurley:
“We’ll probably have to try a little bit of everything. Nobody’s stopped him. Some of them slowed him down a little bit, but the only guy that stopped him was the autograph guy.”
Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin on his relationship with head coach Nick Saban:
“People ask me what Nick says to me on the sidelines. It is just, ‘I love you so much. Can we just run some.”
Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema on a difficult schedule and bye weeks:
“I think our bye week was ranked No. 7.”
ESPN was even kind enough to add an entire collection of quotes dedicated solely to the man, the myth, the legend, the Head Ball Coach himself: Steve Spurrier. The HBC did not disappoint.
Spurrier gives a history lesson:
“I heard about it. Read about it. Didn’t know it was official yet. I’m actually from Tennessee. I always was taught the hero of the Alamo was Davy Crockett, so this was a new one on me. It’s a good story, I’m sure Bonham did some good things. I always thought Davy Crockett was the hero of the Alamo, he and those 33 Tennessee guys that came in there and got killed, so forth. So the trophy was a little surprising to me. I’m sure this guy Bonham was a hero and did a lot of good, after I read the story.”
Spurrier explains outer space:
“(Clemson coach) Dabo (Swinney) probably thinks there’s only, what, nine planets out there. I think I read where Pluto may not be considered one now.”
Spurrier relates to pop icon Taylor Swift:
“I was telling our coaching staff, I think Taylor Swift’s got a song called ‘Shake it Off.’ Ugh. That’s what we’re trying to do, shake it off and get ready for the Florida Gators next week.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.