What will the Sugar Bowl Experience be like for our Guys?

tru2bama

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
Birmimgham, AL
Will being at the Sugar Bowl be just another stop for our team or will there be a real bowl type atmosphere for this game?

Now I don't expect our guys to be out partying and blowing off the importance of this game, not what I am asking, I am wondering if the privilege or reward for playing in this game going to be diminished by the fact that this isn't the final stop for a team like Bama whose main goal is to win it all.

In other words, has the Sugar Bowl itself relegated to a lesser experience due to the fact that it is the first stop not the final destination?

I know Saban will insist that our guys are business like and well prepared, as is my hope, but I also hope our guys get the chance to understand how much getting to this point means and get to enjoy it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Will being at the Sugar Bowl be just another stop for our team or will there be a real bowl type atmosphere for this game?

Now I don't expect our guys to be out partying and blowing off the importance of this game, not what I am asking, I am wondering if the privilege or reward for playing in this game going to be diminished by the fact that this isn't the final stop for a team like Bama whose main goal is to win it all.

In other words, has the Sugar Bowl itself relegated to a lesser experience due to the fact that it is the first stop not the final destination?

I know Saban will insist that our guys are business like and well prepared, as is my hope, but I also hope our guys get the chance to understand how much getting to this point means and get to enjoy it.
As long as we remember it gonna determine who gets to play for all the marbles. Our guys should be ready. It's hard to call the first round of the playoffs a lesser bowl.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
I expect the stadium atmosphere to be awesome and the players on both teams to be jacked about playing in a playoff game. The crowd noise level inside the Dome will require ear protection. See you in New Orleans! Roll Tide.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Guys with experience in playing in the bowl games and championships will check everyone... They will handle themselves in a way where it is appropriate to behave, and I expect them to treat this as a business trip... and I promise you, If they should win and they will, they will relax a little for championship since they've been there.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is a big un and everyone, fans and players, will be fired up. I expect this to be an electric atmosphere - two traditional powers whose fans travel well. OSU is back on the national scene chomping at the bit to prove itself worthy of the opportunity to compete with the best. Both teams are in this historic matchup representing two of four teams in the first ever college playoff. Our guys are primed and ready to rumble. This one is going to be fun!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I think there will be fewer "fun" or "entertainment" activities for the players like there are at other traditional bowl games -- things like video game tournaments, rap contests, etc. that bowls have historically done for players. But you are trading it for the chance to win a natty, of course.

tru2bama

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
Birmimgham, AL
This is what I was asking. Less "fun" kind of things and more business? It of course is worth the trade off but I do hope they have some fun kind of rewards for their hard work.
I think there will be fewer "fun" or "entertainment" activities for the players like there are at other traditional bowl games -- things like video game tournaments, rap contests, etc. that bowls have historically done for players. But you are trading it for the chance to win a natty, of course.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
This is a BUSINESS trip. Bama players just need to take care of business! Bourbon Street is OFF-LIMITS!

Kick booty and take names later!

When this game is over, the TEAM needs to be thinking immediately about the NEXT BUSINESS TRIP! No time to celebrate
until after the 2nd Business trip!

RTR!!!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.