My cousin (QB class of '15) has been contacted by Auburn. (PUKE)

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I am happy for the kid but, he hasn't raped anyone or robbed anyone so I don't believe he is qualified to play at Auburn. He is a good kid and feel he could play at the FCS or smaller FBS level (North Texas, SMU, La Tech) program.

I honestly don't see how a kid who is unranked by Rivals and Scout is really on AU's radar. He is... He was contacted by their recruiting coordinator today and told "you are on the top of our board of uncommitted QB's." If AU is resorting to A kid who would be a 2* at best, Gus must be headed to the NFL!

Thoughts???? (Besides the obvious don't go there....) my thought is they are desperate to sign a second QB and looking at lots of kids... The your on top of our board is probably spewed to every kid...

I told him if he went there I'd root for his team every Saturday in February-July!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Why would they want another QB? They are signing two this class plus already have Jeremy Johnson, Jonathan Wallace and Sean White on the roster.

That seems to be a case of them considering him for a walk-on and are showing interest. Don't see them giving a scholarship this late in the game for a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Why would they want another QB? They are signing two this class plus already have Jeremy Johnson, Jonathan Wallace and Sean White on the roster.

That seems to be a case of them considering him for a walk-on and are showing interest. Don't see them giving a scholarship this late in the game for a QB.

I don't understand it either... Although I only see 1 QB listed as committed to AU according to Scout.com.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't understand it either... Although I only see 1 QB listed as committed to AU according to Scout.com.
One of the QBs is a JUCO "athlete" in Jason Smith. He continues to say Gus and Lashlee told him he'll get to play QB. He might, but I doubt he passes Jeremy Johnson.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Each school has an idea of what they want in their quarterback. Auburn needs a smart, decisive, accurate in the short to medium range throws quarterback who can hurt teams with his feet when necessary and is good at carrying out the wing t ball fakes that dominate their offense. Does he fit the bill?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well, there is a sneak peak under the hood of Aubie recruiting...seem to tell everyone they are on the top of their board

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Each school has an idea of what they want in their quarterback. Auburn needs a smart, decisive, accurate in the short to medium range throws quarterback who can hurt teams with his feet when necessary and is good at carrying out the wing t ball fakes that dominate their offense. Does he fit the bill?
Funny thing is Jeremy Johnson nor Sean White really fits this. Many think Gus is about to go all pass happy real soon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Funny thing is Jeremy Johnson nor Sean White really fits this. Many think Gus is about to go all pass happy real soon.
The only true mobile QB signed by Auburn is Jason Smith. The rest are guys like Coker or Bateman or Cornwell - passers with some mobility.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
He typically makes smart plays, takes what the D gives... This year he averaged 196 YPG throwing and 115 YPG rushing with 20 TD's via the air and 18 on the ground. He also averaged 40 yards per punt.... He has decent size, 6'3 205.

He was the Texas HS player of the week in week 6. He will find out if he is one of the 'players of the year' soon. The awards are voted on by members of the media covering the 6 largest media markets in Texas.

http://www.playeroftheweek.com

He is a great kid, and I'd love for him to prove the coaches at BAMA where he camped, and other FBS teams wrong! (Just not AU...) The kid is proof that just b/c you are not ranked by rivals/scout, it doesn't mean you can't have interest from top programs....

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
shouldnt be surprised. lot's of non ranked players get contacted by power conference schools. and of course telling them you are at the top of our board is just sweet talk. hopefully he will enjoy the recruiting process.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Can we get a name? Would like to see some film.
Sorry, thought I had posted a link..

Carsen Cook

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2583304/carsen-cook

His grandpa who played at BAMA and roomed with Namath has talked with Bill Battle, Lee Roy Jordan and others he knows to try and get his film out there. One of Frank Broyles sons has also talked to him and tried to get his film seen....

As I've said he is a good kid, great grades/test scores.... His dad played RB at Nebraska so the athleticism runs in the family.

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014
Auburn is contacting a 2015 prospect with no offers a month before signing day?

Lol.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Auburn is contacting a 2015 prospect with no offers a month before signing day?

Lol.
The OP may not know exactly how recruiting works. 100s of recruits get "contacted" by schools, only a few of those actually get committable offers..

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014
I'm saying why would they even bother? He has zero offers. Seems kinda strange. I get contacting a mid-level kid as a Plan B, trying to top off a recruiting class, but why a kid like this?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I just watched his video & I think he's a better QB than you're given him credit for..He would be a perfect fit for "The Gus Bus" type offense Gus he runs in Lee County..He a very good QB & has a pretty strong arm..When he tucks the ball, and takes of running the ball, he has some pretty slick moves(kinda like "Johnny Football") & looks to be a handful to bring down..I thinks he's an outstanding QB prospect & actually wouldn't mind seeing him walking on at Bama, cause we obviously,would have higher rated QB's we've offered..But..I would love to see how good of a QB Carson could be, with Coach Kiffin coaching him up should he walk on at Bama..I have a feeling that a mid major type school like North Texas ends up offering him a full ride to come play football for them..I also think he could thrive in the offense that Coach Briles runs at Baylor & think he would be the perfect QB to run Baylors offense..That's just me though..
Sorry, thought I had posted a link..

Carsen Cook

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2583304/carsen-cook

His grandpa who played at BAMA and roomed with Namath has talked with Bill Battle, Lee Roy Jordan and others he knows to try and get his film out there. One of Frank Broyles sons has also talked to him and tried to get his film seen....

As I've said he is a good kid, great grades/test scores.... His dad played RB at Nebraska so the athleticism runs in the family.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm saying why would they even bother? He has zero offers. Seems kinda strange. I get contacting a mid-level kid as a Plan B, trying to top off a recruiting class, but why a kid like this?
As I mentioned earlier, this goes along the lines of a school showing interest in a guy they think could be a good walk-on candidate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.