SEC to Tennessee: Do Not Schedule Baylor

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't see anything wrong with preventing this since the Horn AD doesn't want to play aTm and I don't think aTm wants to play the Horns.
Actually, I think the Aggies would have been happy to continue the game. It was the short horns who got all bent because A&M had the nerve to leave their orbit. Frankly, I don't think the Aggies would resume now, with the major hit on their SOS... ;)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wasn't it the Longhorns mouthpiece/human sockpuppet Chip Brown that said that Texas would never seek to play TAMU again when they left for the SEC?

Wasn't it the very same Chip Brown who said the Aggies refuse to play them a few years later?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Wasn't it the Longhorns mouthpiece/human sockpuppet Chip Brown that said that Texas would never seek to play TAMU again when they left for the SEC?

Wasn't it the very same Chip Brown who said the Aggies refuse to play them a few years later?
Yes...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It may be more like your Mom stepping in to tell you that you can't go out with this incredibly hot girl from your high school because she heard the girl is a nutter. You just see "hot girl"

But Baylor is obviously a nutter........and UT hasn't had any for a while so they were excited to date hot girl, and Mom said "no, all she cares about is herself, she's fast, and easy to score on......not the kind of girl I want you around........but here, there's that wonderful Southern Miss, she's a much better target for you....."

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I am sure that story is playing big in Big 12 country. Especially coupled with the Texas Aggies and the Tsip story. I can't see the SEC being scared of the big 12, I think the SEC was 3-1 against them this year.

What happened to the SEC/Big 12 being partner conferences like the PAC /B1G?

I added this to my post.

It is making the rounds on message boards. Most are saying the SEC is scared of the Big 12. They cite this example and supposedly the example of aggy/ sips. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it bevo that cancelled the A&M series ? I think the Big 12 is trying to reclaim the Texas recruiting grounds that the SEC has encroached upon. How could Orange bloods and a Baylor board have sources inside the SEC office. That is truly funny. These stories do not have to be true, the perception is now fact based on 2 stories. The SEC is scared.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
1. If Colt hadn't got hurt .....
2. if A&M wasn't skeered of Texas .....
3. if Tennessee wasn't skeered of Baylor .....
4. if espn hadn't robbed us .....
5. if them Yankee committee voters hadn't robbed us .....
6. if the NCAA wasn't skeert to let us have a ten team Conf. Championship Game .....
7. if Colt hadn't got hurt ..... (repeat as often as needed)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I am sure that story is playing big in Big 12 country. Especially coupled with the Texas Aggies and the Tsip story. I can't see the SEC being scared of the big 12, I think the SEC was 3-1 against them this year.

What happened to the SEC/Big 12 being partner conferences like the PAC /B1G?

I added this to my post.

It is making the rounds on message boards. Most are saying the SEC is scared of the Big 12. They cite this example and supposedly the example of aggy/ sips. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it bevo that cancelled the A&M series ? I think the Big 12 is trying to reclaim the Texas recruiting grounds that the SEC has encroached upon. How could Orange bloods and a Baylor board have sources inside the SEC office. That is truly funny. These stories do not have to be true, the perception is now fact based on 2 stories. The SEC is scared.
yes but trying to convince them of that now is like trying to convince a barner cam knew - a waste of breath.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I know Coach Stallings threw an NCAA rep out of his office. How would you like to be the one who walks into Coach Saban's office and tells him "don't schedule Baylor." :biggrin2:

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
When Texas A&M decided to leave the Big 12 and the SEC was in the process of inviting us to join you all, Baylor and their President Ken Starr threatened to sue the SEC for Tortious Interference. The rumor in Texas is that yes, the SEC nixed the Baylor vs. Tennessee game because of that. Mike Slive supposedly made sure that Tennessee didn't add Baylor onto their schedule because of Ken Starrs threat from a few years ago.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When Texas A&M decided to leave the Big 12 and the SEC was in the process of inviting us to join you all, Baylor and their President Ken Starr threatened to sue the SEC for Tortious Interference. The rumor in Texas is that yes, the SEC nixed the Baylor vs. Tennessee game because of that. Mike Slive supposedly made sure that Tennessee didn't add Baylor onto their schedule because of Ken Starrs threat from a few years ago.
Everything is bigger in Texas - even conspiracy theories. :wink:

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
"But with Baylor and school President Ken Starr threatening “tortious interference” lawsuits against the SEC and Slive, according to Big 12 school sources, the conference notified the SEC on Tuesday that the Sept. 2 letter pertained only to the “Big 12 Conference Inc.” and not member schools."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...uit-threat-stops-am-short-of-its-sec-goal.ece
Thanks - Wasn't questioning that part. Interesting read. But I don't believe that the SEC had anything to do with the TN/Baylor game that did not materialize.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.