An idea for enhancing CFB placekicking...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
A possible idea for enhancing CFB placekicking...

A buddy and I were just talking and came up with a potential way to enhance placekicking in college football: adding a third pole.

You keep the two outside poles to mark the sides of the field goal area but add a third upright pole in the center.

On a PAT attempt, a kick that hits the center pole gets two points instead of one.

On a field goal attempt, a kick that hits the center pole is worth four points instead of three.

Thoughts?

:)

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I have a proposal. Let's try it in Arena Football League and maybe the CFL and see how it works. Then if it works, we leave it alone and never do that in American football.

No offense man, but Dzy is right. That sounds like backyard flag football rules, so it would make no sense for a change.

From a practical standpoint, as many challenges as we have in out kicking game, you really want to add another thing to think about? Lol

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I would rather there be less kicking in the game, not an incentive for more kicking. However, this isn't a bad idea for discussion board purposes, but there is a 0% chance it will ever be implemented..

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Australian football comes to mind. I believe its's 6 point if you kick it through the two middle poles and 1 point if it goes through an outside pole and middle pole. It works south of the equator and I suggest we leave it that way.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
That brought a chuckle.....

Let's change the goal to a 6' x 6' PVC frame and mount it on a broom stick in outdoor stadiums and hang it from the roof in indoor stadiums so it will sway and twist a bit. Cancel the roughing the kicker penalty and put the holder no more than five yards from scrimmage. Change the point count to 1 per each 10 yards and deduct the same if missed. That'll REALLY make it interesting.

Last edited:

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
I'd be down with getting one point on kickoffs if it goes between the uprights. At least we would see more touch backs. Hence keeping my buttocks muscles loose when Bama plays.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
How about a goalie net below the up rights with a dedicated twelfth man for a goalie. You can either go for 3 point field goal or kick it for the goalie for 4 points.

mruafan

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 10, 2001
Lincoln, AlaBAMA, USA
Why not line up for an extra point attempt after field goals the same as after touchdowns. That way each drive would have a potential to score 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 points.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.