Blog: Latest Bama News 12/29/14

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

Lane Kiffin steals show at Sugar Bowl press conference-sds

University of Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin was the main attraction at the Sugar Bowl during his press conference Monday morning.

It was his first since training camp, as Nick Saban otherwise doesn’t allow access to assistant coaches.
Look for a partial transcript later today on Saturday Down South, but some of the highlights include:

• Kiffin expects to be back next season and said he’s looking forward to developing a new quarterback.
  • Said he and Saban once jokingly wondered how he topped a most hated list in college football ahead of Saban.
  • “To learn from Saban and his process, I would have done that for free. I would have paid him for that.”
  • When asked if he had rubbed off on Saban said he shouldn’t have. “I was an unemployed coach.”
  • Said he thought the Daniel Tosh skit was funny. but his mother didn’t like the language.
  • One the sideline, Saban says exactly what’s on his mind and then moves on.
  • Said he’s enjoyed being part of the Blake Sims story, and thinks the quarterback should be drafted.
  • Speaking of the NFL, Kiffin said he prefers coaching at the collegiate level.
  • Ohio State’s defensive lineman Joey Bosa “is an issue. We have to know where he is.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.