Link: Lane Kiffin 'Not Afraid to Speak His Mind' in Staff Meetings, Brings New Energy

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

A year ago, Kirby Smart didn't know Lane Kiffin.

They'd coached against each other, but the Alabama defensive coordinator was not acquainted with the former Tennessee and USC coach. But Kiffin visited during bowl preparation last December and was hired as Alabama's offensive coordinator in January.

Since then, he's helped transform the Crimson Tide offense that'll play for a spot in the CFP Championship on Thursday night. Smart offered some insight into the coaching operation and what Kiffin brings to the dynamic.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
This article speaks to the Class of Coach Smart & shows his true commitment to the program. A lot of times you will see DC & OC either at each other or just little digs here & there. But this is a true team. I really think that is what was missing last year not necessary coaches but people more about theirselves than the team.

We really got some Great Coaches.

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
Great article. Although I have to disagree with Casagrande's statement that Kirby has a "muted sideline presence"...he's quite active and animated.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
When CLK was hired at Bama I'll be honest that I was kind of nervous about how it would turn out. Not from a coaching standpoint but from a personality/ego standpoint. CLK (and the rest of the staff for that matter) seems to be on the same page on greater level than the past few years. There seems to be more energy throughout the staff and players and is working out quite well.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This article speaks to the Class of Coach Smart & shows his true commitment to the program. A lot of times you will see DC & OC either at each other or just little digs here & there. But this is a true team. I really think that is what was missing last year not necessary coaches but people more about theirselves than the team.

We really got some Great Coaches.
one of the best moments this year is Kirby hugging Kiffin after a win

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
And I wonder why the birmingham new hired Casagrande away from the Chattanooga Times. Its pretty amazing the new cant keep a bowl reporter for more than 2 years. I have feeling the Big House will stay in Bham until he goes the way of the UAB Blazers. He will be the one they fire.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Great article. Although I have to disagree with Casagrande's statement that Kirby has a "muted sideline presence"...he's quite active and animated.
He also sort of lost me there. Has he not really watched Kirby on the sideline? CKS is five times more emotional and animated than CLK. I'm going to be watching the sideline camera to see the next time Lane signals a TD before the ball leaves Blake's hand. He's predicted it twice now... :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.