Biggest Concern vs. OSU? / Mine of Alabama.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
1. Deep pass.
2. Field goals.
3. Key injuries and/or turnovers.

I'd also offer a point of concern for tOSU -- a freshman QB with one game of experience going against a Nick Saban/Kirby Smart defense that has three weeks to think up ways to confuse said inexperienced QB. True, he played well in the one game. But that was a whole lot easier when Wisconsin couldn't throw AND turned the ball over 4 times.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Earle stole my thunder. Bosa is by far my biggest concern. Since I found out we will be playing OSU I have watched a few games and just focused on him. He is a very impressive game changing player.

I guess I am in the minority on the deep ball concerns. I honestly think we will have that worked out, and I have a lot of confidence in coach Saban and Smart putting a plan together that will confuse an inexperienced QB.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have watched all of the Alabama and Buckeye games over the past 3 seasons. I feel like I know what to expect from each team and coaching staff. I am not really worried about any particular aspect of the game - each team has strengths and weaknesses that need to be addressed, but I'll let the coaches worry about that. I just want a clean game with few penalties and no injuries.

I don't want this game to be decided by officials or by some fluke play or turnover.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Biggest worry is Bama def front controlling the line of scrimmage, putting more pressure on Jones than he is prepared to deal with combined with confusing coverages behind....that is the nightmare scenario. We have plenty of playmakers who can be productive with the ball in their hands.....Jones' challenge will be to make good decisions and get them the ball

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
My biggest concern is whether the victory celebration will do permanent damage to my house if it gets out of hand. Remember, we only get 24 hours, we have to make it count!!!:)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Biggest worry is Bama def front controlling the line of scrimmage, putting more pressure on Jones than he is prepared to deal with combined with confusing coverages behind....that is the nightmare scenario. We have plenty of playmakers who can be productive with the ball in their hands.....Jones' challenge will be to make good decisions and get them the ball
The same plays that kill Alabama on 3rd and long can work the other way if the QB makes a bad throw or a bad decision.
The question is whether it's going to be Jones saying "where did that DB come from?" as he watches a safety make a pick out of a combo coverage that he misread, or whether it's going to be Bama fans saying "OMG YOU CAN'T LET HIM JUST RUN LOOSE" or "GET YOUR HEAD AROUND" when somebody gets open deep and Jones can find him with time to throw.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Bosa is a good player outside of SEC competition. I believe Saban and Kiffin will make sure he is not a factor against us (like Heisman contender Manti Teo two years ago). He has not seen competition like he will see on Thursday.

I share the deep ball concern. Cardale Jones showed a cannon arm against Wisconsin. If we keep Jones to under 350 yards in the air, we win.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Their 3rd string QB ends up looking like a bonafide super hero on the biggest stage of his current career. Jones is the biggest intangible unfortunately, but if our guys remained focused and play loose we should come away with a win.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Bosa is a good player outside of SEC competition. I believe Saban and Kiffin will make sure he is not a factor against us (like Heisman contender Manti Teo two years ago). He has not seen competition like he will see on Thursday.

I share the deep ball concern. Cardale Jones showed a cannon arm against Wisconsin. If we keep Jones to under 350 yards in the air, we win.
This is priceless.....Bosa is a good player against any competition, anywhere. I'd bet that there are a whole lot of NFL GM's that disagree with you

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I'm worried about coming out flat, particularly on defense. I would like us to take the same approach we did in the SECCG and take the ball if we win the toss. That first drive was a thing of beauty.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We need to keep your big QB in the pocket. I know he's not known as a runner but we can't just let him free to make a play. If we can run on you, I feel good about the game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is priceless.....Bosa is a good player against any competition, anywhere. I'd bet that there are a whole lot of NFL GM's that disagree with you
Let me ask you a direct question about Jones. He showed an impressive arm against Wisky, but not that much mobility. Fortunately, from our standpoint, it's the mobile guys who can extend plays who've hurt us. Even as fast as our big guys are, they're not going to chase down a Johnny Manziel, who keeps his eyes downfield, and makes a long throw just before going OOB. I've only watched, well, about the little bit of him that all the rest of us have. I didn't see hyper-mobile like the guys who've really caused us damage. However, Jones, IMO would start for a lot of SEC teams. He couldn't make it past third string under Urban. Now, circling around to my main question, the "book" on CUM, when he was in the SEC, was that he wouldn't or couldn't utilize a true drop-back QB, because they didn't fit his offensive philosophy - and he wasn't going to change it. Of course, I realize that good coaches grow and adapt. Was the reason Jones couldn't make it past 3rd string because he was behind two guys who were good passers, but who were also mobile enough to fit CUM's job description?

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Cardale Jones runs like he has concrete in his shoes. I hope we pressure and frustrate him early in the game.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
To be honest and I say this with ALL RESPECT. My only concern is us "not showing up" and coming out slow and flat and giving the Buckeyes an early 10-14 point lead due to it.

That is my only concern. Otherwise, if we show up and play Crimson Tide football, there are zero worries.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.