Link: Don't get married on a golf course if Obama's around

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Natalie Heimel and her fiancé, Edward Mallue Jr., both captains in the Army, were scheduled to be married Sunday near the 16th hole at Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course, located on the Marine Corps Base Hawaii.

Knowing the Obamas spend their Christmas vacation there, the pair had invited the president to attend their ceremony. Not surprisingly, they received a letter on Saturday morning from the White House saying the commander in chief regretfully could not attend and wishing them well. More troubling, however, was when hours later, during their wedding rehearsal, the couple was informed they'd have to move the ceremony because the president was playing there.
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-golf-hawaii-soldier-wedding-relocated-190922486.html

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ocate-wedding-to-accommodate-obamas-golf-game

The golf course, located on the Marine Corps Base Hawaii, is a regular stop for Obama when he's in the state, with the Ko’olau Mountains framing the front nine and majestic views of Pacific coastline spanning the back nine. It's also a favorite spot for Mallue, a golfing enthusiast.

Still, anyone planning an event at the course when the president may be in town is warned about the potential for last-minute shuffling, said Naile Brennan, manager of K Bay Catering, which was handling logistics for the wedding. Brennan said they had other sites ready to go, and the couple ended up choosing the lush, green lawn near the home of Colonel Eric Schaefer, the commanding officer of the base, which offers an elevated view near the 16th hole.

“It's much prettier and much nicer venue unless you're an avid golfer,” Brennan said. “It's more secluded and there are no golfers yelling, 'Fore!'”

An administration spokesman referred questions about the day to the military base, and it's not clear the White House would have been informed about the wedding in advance. After Bloomberg Politics inquired about the scheduling conflict, Obama put in a personal call to the bride.

“He apologized and congratulated them,” McCarthy said, adding that it was a “wonderful talk.”

“We were all there, it was perfect,” she said. “Made their day.”
Sounds like the poor couple is scarred for life.

And, yes, she's a little hawt. :biggrin2:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I can't remember right off hand whether it was Gerald Ford or Spiro Agnew but one of them was known for hitting spectators with golf balls when he was on the course. Not a great legacy, to be sure, but at least he let people watch. He didn't run them off the golf course!
Geez..

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Agreed. If you're Prez, it goes much further if your presence serves to enhance a young couple's wedding rather than possibly ruin it.
It would have been even cooler if he would have said a few words before the wedding. "First of all, I want to thank you for allowing me to be part of this special occasion and to share this time with you, your families and friends. I also want to thank you both for your service to your country. Your service to keep us a free from tyranny and to protect our interests domestically and abroad puts us forever in your debt. Lastly, I want wish you both much success and happiness in your marriage and pray our Heavenly Father continues to bestow his blessings on you and your family."

Democrat, Republican, love 'em or hate 'em, it would still be cool to have the President say something like that at your wedding. I'd let Obama crash my wedding. How cool would that to have a photo of him helping you and your wife cut the cake?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
It'd be cooler to see all of the celebrants turn their backs to him.
Nah, not for that. Keep it focused on the couple getting married. There's a time and place to do that but not at somebody's wedding. Dang, I'm mellowing in 2015 or maybe I'm just in acceptance mode that we're screwed and I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Nah, not for that. Keep it focused on the couple getting married. There's a time and place to do that but not at somebody's wedding. Dang, I'm mellowing in 2015 or maybe I'm just in acceptance mode that we're screwed and I'm just going to enjoy the ride.
Yes, you've become accustomed to the warm water. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.