Who Do You Think is The Most Overpaid Coach in CFB?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
With Jim Harbaugh about to get paid more than Coach Saban I pondered these amazing salaries. Harbaugh having won exactly nothing in the way of titles commanded 8 million. CNS a with 4 titles is a known, legit winner who is worth every dime. If the BOT said tomorrow he would make 10 million next year I for one would have no problem. That said, some of these coaches are waaaaaayyyy overpaid.

I'll start my list with Bob Stoops and Kevin Sumlin. We could probably make a top 20 out of this topic easy.

I have nothing against any of these coaches for getting top dollar, but I'm glad we, as Bama fans, know ours is worth it. Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
With Jim Harbaugh about to get paid more than Coach Saban I pondered these amazing salaries. Harbaugh having won exactly nothing in the way of titles commanded 8 million. CNS a with 4 titles is a known, legit winner who is worth every dime. If the BOT said tomorrow he would make 10 million next year I for one would have no problem. That said, some of these coaches are waaaaaayyyy overpaid.

I'll start my list with Bob Stoops and Kevin Sumlin. We could probably make a top 20 out of this topic easy.

I have nothing against any of these coaches for getting top dollar, but I'm glad we, as Bama fans, know ours is worth it. Roll Tide Roll!!!
Saban wins because of COLA. Anyway, I'm going with Mark Dantonio.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I'd say either Kevin Sumlin or Kirk Ferentz. At least Stoops has won a NC (even if it was a thousand years ago) and Dantonio is 52-14 over the past five years with a Big 10 championship. For the life of me I can't understand the respect Ferentz gets from the media. I know it's Iowa, but other than a few years in the early 2000s, he's always been incredibly mediocre.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Some places, like Iowa, seem to be content with going to a bowl. I can't believe Iowa State has not gotten rid of Paul Rhodes. Anyway, Stoops is way over paid.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Which I also said. That has nothing to do with the OP. FWIW I think y'all's coach is worth every penny too.
Yeah - meant to add more but my son needed help with something. To add to my original post, my list would start with the coaches who are being paid on the come - coaches who are being paid for potential instead of actual success. On that list would be guys like Ferentz and Sumlin. Someone above mentioned that Butch Jones is at $3.6MM - that is crazy. If Harbaugh is brought in at $8MM, that would be insane overcompensation, but I understand how Michigan got there and don't have a problem with it.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Sumlin in my opinion. He rode Johnny Football to a $5 million per year contract and has never won anything. And does not even begin to understand defense. Iowa coach as well.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Will Muschamp. Auburn made him the highest paid coordinator to stop Lane Kiffin, the most underpaid at the momment coordinator that put 600+ yards and 42 points on his defense.

As far as head coaches I would say Iowa's coach, but to be different I would say Chris Peterson only because there is no logical reason on why he is the highest paid coach in the PAC 12

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.