Who Do You Think is The Most Overpaid Coach in CFB?

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Sumlin made $2.0 million the year he went 11-2 and beat Bama.

Sumlin made $3.1 million the year he went 9-4.

Sumlin made $5.0 million this year. He went 8-5.

Last edited:

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
That is a silly statement. Economic ignorance on display.
The economic impact of the Alabama football program is not, I repeat, is not greater than the economic impact of the University of Alabama.
We pay a football coach 7 million to oversee a program which includes approximately 143 million in revenue and teaches student athletics to block, tackle, and run the proper offense and defense.
We pay a university President 535,000.00 per year to oversee a program which includes approximately 875 million in revenues and teaches students to be engineers, doctors, and (ugh) lawyers.
There is nothing wrong with admitting that football is more important than education. That is the way society is about sports. I freely admit that at my age, I care more about wins than graduation rates, but the fact of the matter is, the only thing silly or ignorant is your belief that a coach should make more than a university president.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The economic impact of the Alabama football program is not, I repeat, is not greater than the economic impact of the University of Alabama.
We pay a football coach 7 million to oversee a program which includes approximately 143 million in revenue and teaches student athletics to block, tackle, and run the proper offense and defense.
We pay a university President 535,000.00 per year to oversee a program which includes approximately 875 million in revenues and teaches students to be engineers, doctors, and (ugh) lawyers.
There is nothing wrong with admitting that football is more important than education. That is the way society is about sports. I freely admit that at my age, I care more about wins than graduation rates, but the fact of the matter is, the only thing silly or ignorant is your belief that a coach should make more than a university president.
Thank you. The way our society worships celebrities and devalues education is laughable. I love college football and movies and books and music, so I appreciate talented people and their abilities, but the amount of money that some people are willing to pay for their chosen form of entertainment just absolutely shocks me. Anyway, Roll Tide and let's whip some Buckeye bu-tay!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I can't speak for the University of Alabama or the residents of the state of Alabama, but I would be willing to bet that the culture of football in the South has pulled many students to campuses that might not have otherwise attended college. Going to college is about a whole lot more than getting an education, and it always has been. Football is a huge part of that.

Would the University of Alabama still exist if football had not become what it is today? Almost certainly. But it would look nothing like the school that you think of, and the president would be making a tiny fraction of what he currently makes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.