Because this board has high standards.....

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
And classy, knowledgable fans, I cannot use the language I would like to use to describe the pitiful display my beloved Sooners put on tonight.
Best of luck to all my Tide friends against OSU.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
And classy, knowledgable fans, I cannot use the language I would like to use to describe the pitiful display my beloved Sooners put on tonight.
Best of luck to all my Tide friends against OSU.
If I were in your shoes I'd be upset as well. Stoops kinda lost it this season.
I'm not sure what the problem is but something needs to change.
Too much talent to get beat like tonight.
Please understand, no meanness intended. OU simply should have been better, especially with Perine.
sip

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Looked like one team wanted to be there and another one didn't. Sounds familiar...
I agree, and I don't really blame these outcomes on the coaches. You know that they are saying all of the right things leading up to these games. Sometimes the kids just don't/won't listen. I dislike Stoops, but don't think that this game should sway a fan. He didn't forget how to coach in the last few weeks/months.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I agree, and I don't really blame these outcomes on the coaches. You know that they are saying all of the right things leading up to these games. Sometimes the kids just don't/won't listen. I dislike Stoops, but don't think that this game should sway a fan. He didn't forget how to coach in the last few weeks/months.
What about the other 4 losses? They went 8-5.

Oklahoma is in the same boat as Georgia. They have decent program that has embarrassing losses EVERY SINGLE YEAR but they probably couldn't do any better. They're just stuck.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I respect Sooner fans...

Your coach, however...

:\"deleted by Relayer"

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What about the other 4 losses? They went 8-5.

Oklahoma is in the same boat as Georgia. They have decent program that has embarrassing losses EVERY SINGLE YEAR but they probably couldn't do any better. They're just stuck.
I don't watch enough OU football to really have any idea what has happened down there. I watch them play in a game or two each year, but mostly only see highlights. I was really only talking about the bowl performance.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I really think Bob has lost his edge. He's paid $5 million /yr and having his team ready to
play in a bowl game should be automatic. What happened tonight was inexcusable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I just remember earlier this year when we lost to them and we said "We didn't want to be there". Their fans didn't want any of that. "They were just a better team than us." Looks like it didn't take long for the shoe to be on the other foot.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Bob Stoops has lost that program. His time there has ran its course. Its time for him to move on.

....maybe he should have taken that Florida job when it was offered to him after all................

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I just remember earlier this year when we lost to them and we said "We didn't want to be there". Their fans didn't want any of that. "They were just a better team than us." Looks like it didn't take long for the shoe to be on the other foot.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Stoudt gave them the random Heisman-caliber performance from a mediocre QB that we received last year. It really was surprisingly similar. This is disappointment season of bowl mania, it happens...a good number of these name teams are playing in games they didn't hope to be anywhere near. It says a lot for our program's performance lately that last year it was a Sugar Bowl for us!

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Lost in the shuffle is Clemson is better than OU. I don't know if they're as much better as tonight's score indicated. It did seem OU was discombobulated tonight. I can't say I'm not happy with the outcome.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Looked like one team wanted to be there and another one didn't. Sounds familiar...
Except one team, despite several crucial turnovers, managed to out-gain their opponent and still had a chance to win, late in the game.

When the shoe was on the other foot, they laid an egg.

Starting to look like it will be nice and quiet, in Texas, in 2015. Looking forward to it.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Stoudt gave them the random Heisman-caliber performance from a mediocre QB that we received last year. It really was surprisingly similar. This is disappointment season of bowl mania, it happens...a good number of these name teams are playing in games they didn't hope to be anywhere near. It says a lot for our program's performance lately that last year it was a Sugar Bowl for us!
It was nice to see that happen to another team. Seems like it happens to us way to much..

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I say this with all honesty, the good Oklahoma folks we have on this site are the only things that kept me from totally reveling in the Oklahoma loss. I feel your pain, my friends. Better days.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Bad losses happen to great programs like this at times. It happens. Its a new year next season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.