SEC in post season....3-1 so far!

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
How does that work, with coach Mac and all?
Outgoing and Incoming head coaches are usually in limbo this time of year. Like it is with most others Coach McElwain didn't coach in CSU's bowl and he won't coach in Floridas. He probably has already started recruiting though. They usually do.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Outgoing and Incoming head coaches are usually in limbo this time of year. Like it is with most others Coach McElwain didn't coach in CSU's bowl and he won't coach in Floridas. He probably has already started recruiting though. They usually do.
Thank you. So does he just have limited contact until after the bowl game?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yes - CrimsonSEC is correct. Coach McElwain will not be involved in the bowl game, except perhaps as a spectator. And yes he's been recruiting since day one.

Thank you. So does he just have limited contact until after the bowl game?
He's been at practice and has been reviewing the players but not doing any coaching yet. I think he wants to wait until after the bowl game to meet with the team and then move forward with the 'nuts and bolts' of his head coaching duties and responsibilities.

No doubt you have heard about staff changes that have taken place though since his hiring. That stuff has to be done right away as it impacts the recruiting process as well as employment aspects of the staff.

As an aside BPP...turns out you were right about Coach Boom. I really thought things would go well this season. Boy was I wrong!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Finebaum calls him an idiot about once a day.

SVP just indirectly called him a clown.

Kanell must not be well liked within the ESPN FAMILY OF NETWORKS.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: SEC in post season....3-0 so far!

i'm actually finding myself pulling for louisville while watching it. petrino's a good man
yeah, what other SEC coach dates cupcake blondes he puts on the payroll and wrecks his mo-mo while out on a rendezvous with her? What's NOT to love?

(I guess Rick Pitino does that but he's no longer in the SEC - LOL!)

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

I thought it was pretty direct with the shoes even being garnet and gold. I am starting to hope FSU slips by the Ducks so we can compare the conference 1s.

And since Notre Dame is not in the ACC, I have no idea why he is taking credit for their win. What counts is 2-0.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Hard for me to believe that people like Lou Holtz and Danny Kannel are the best "talent" that the World Wide Leader in Sports can get to put on the airways. The homer schtick from both of those two gets really old really quick. And yes, I know I could just mute the TV when they come on but that's not how it should be..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I remember he was asked a question about Winston, and the co-host directly said something like: "I'm not asking Danny Kanell the FSU grad". People have to be getting tired of his act...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I think folks like Danny as an analyst, but they are extremely tired of his anti-SEC and FSU fandom acts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I blame Skip Bayless for creating this misbegotten spawn known as Danny Kanell and his like. This is the worst of the direction ESPN has taken with air-time and employment decisions since the social media explosion.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I remember he was asked a question about Winston, and the co-host directly said something like: "I'm not asking Danny Kanell the FSU grad". People have to be getting tired of his act...
In my opinion that HOMER, Kanell, is the worst announcer/commentator on ESPN. I would put every male and female commentator above him and it's not even close. In a role like his, you need to be OBJECTIVE and he can't be objective because of his HOMER FSU status!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
FYI: I just updated the thread to reflect current status. We are now 4-3 with several opportunities to improve today. Note to self...lay off the "Dixie" songs until AFTER the Mississippi games are played. :(

Let's GO SEC...Roll Tide Roll! ;)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think folks like Danny as an analyst, but they are extremely tired of his anti-SEC and FSU fandom acts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my opinion, he presents his opinion (which is bad enough itself) with a smirky, taunting kind of delivery that makes it hard for me to even tolerate him.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Updating the thread....

We are now 5-5 in post season as a conference.

Two more games left to play.

I still feel we are the best conference in the country.

Just more competitive at the top tier now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.