Link: Oh Lord! The Bourbon St. story I didn't want to hear...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wouldn't worry about it. They can only practice as much as they can, and they deserve to enjoy sightseeing, and doing things. They've been doing this for years.. and lot of players have been to Sugar Bowl before, so they know how to keep young players out of trouble. I think CNS wants our players to be relaxed and have fun... Earlier in the year, our players was too focused, too business like, and it hurted us... It took Arkansas game to finally relax and I don't think they will change that anytime soon.
I am a little more concerned about 'we have had a lot of time off' comment more than any other. I know they are out if school, and can only practice 20 hours a week, but true determined champions use the extra time off better. I don't blame them for decompressing, but he looked to relaxed. Don't forget why you are there Rashaan

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I saw the interview....seemed like Evans was just hamming it up as a joke
I think you're right. If so, then that is a lot of moxey for a freshman.

I recall seeing a digital photo of a Tide QB inside a bar in New Orleans with a time stamp of 2:30 am January 1, 2009. We all know how that one turned out.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I just don't get how this is bad. If you think all our guys are sitting in the hotel doing nothing this week you better turn the channel now...

yellowstone

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 26, 2001
Stansbury Park, Utah
Good lord. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. Or anything wrong with spending some time in the French Quarter or on Bourbon. I find it hard to believe that anyone would have a problem with this. Do you expect them to hang out in the hotel until game time? If they have free time in New Orleans they should spend some time seeing New Orleans. It is one of the best US cities to visit, and they should spend some time in it.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
As much as I want to say he's just a freshman being funny, this cannot be excused. Coach will have something to say about that. Hope he enjoys living it up in the dog house.
I don't get the big deal about what he said. "Living it up" may be a regional thing. It's the basically saying I had a good time. I remember when I was younger if I slept in on the weekend my Grand Dad would say he is living it up. If a guy gets sent home for saying he had a good time with no further context that would send a bad message to the team. For all we know living it up for him could be eating the good food in that part of town. I really don't think there is anything to be excused. There is even a song that says living it up living the God in me. This may be a cultural and a regional thing but I have heard that term all my life and always took it to mean the enjoyment of the pleasures of the moment. Carpe diem.

I don't get the big deal about what he said. "Living it up" may be a regional thing. It's the basically saying I had a good time. I remember when I was younger if I slept in on the weekend my Grand Dad would say he is living it up. If a guy gets sent home for saying he had a good time with no further context that would send a bad message to the team. For all we know living it up for him could be eating the good food in that part of town. I really don't think there is anything to be excused. There is even a song that says living it up living the God in me. This may be a cultural and a regional thing but I have heard that term all my life and always took it to mean the enjoyment of the pleasures of the moment. Carpe diem.
Lol I'm pretty sure it was tongue in cheek.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Well said, Mystical.

I don't think anyone who posted was all that serious about CNS being mad. It's a tribute really to a coach who expects (and demands) respect and dedication to the game and the task at hand.

Good fun - great video - and as I said IMHO stuff like this keeps the players loosened up enough to be able to play better.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Because it's on SDS/ESPN and would be posted eventually. So you think it should be OOB for discussion? This is a discussion board and very little is banned for discussion...
I'm just saying there really isn't anything to discuss about it. They were asking the players silly questions and players of both schools were having fun with it. Good to see everyone is loose and having fun before such a big game

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I wouldn't worry about it. They can only practice as much as they can, and they deserve to enjoy sightseeing, and doing things. They've been doing this for years.. and lot of players have been to Sugar Bowl before, so they know how to keep young players out of trouble. I think CNS wants our players to be relaxed and have fun... Earlier in the year, our players was too focused, too business like, and it hurted us... It took Arkansas game to finally relax and I don't think they will change that anytime soon.

I didn't say they didn't deserve some time off , I said that in the comment. But this opportunity may only come around once in your life, make sure you maximize that opportunity. The days of fun bowl games are pretty much over. The players have to do some things on your own, given the limited time with coaches. Hope I am wrong, and this video is just the players being loose.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This isn't the last game of the year......so......Maybe it's just me -- but, go and have fun on Bourbon -- on January 2nd.....3rd -- whatever....until then -- maybe watch a little extra film -- do a few pushups -- write your Mama a letter.....

If you win, go have fun -- if you lose -- go have fun.....but I'd prefer any "over the top" fun wait until 1/2/15

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I didn't say they didn't deserve some time off , I said that in the comment. But this opportunity may only come around once in your life, make sure you maximize that opportunity. The days of fun bowl games are pretty much over. The players have to do some things on your own, given the limited time with coaches. Hope I am wrong, and this video is just the players being loose.
I don't think they really have limited time with coach given the bowl season....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.