Link: Oh Lord! The Bourbon St. story I didn't want to hear...

Bama_J

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
Is this really a story? I mean, he's just stating what they're all thinking. Not that I condone what goes on on bourbon st., but I think most of the players party it up a bit at these locations.

The only thing that struck me was his answer about saying it in front of coach Saban. Even then I don't think he was disrespectful. And I doubt he would say it with a smile on his face if he didn't think Saban would take it as jesting.

I could be wrong and he could end up losing playing time, but I doubt it. Not for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think he was just messing with the reporter, and The fact he said it in front of CNS, I don't think CNS will get mad.. He just said living it up, meaning he was just having fun... he could've worded it little better. I doubt he'll lose playing time over this.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wish I could.. I was just going by their media day coverage on ESPN and several sites. I personally honestly think it's not an issue. I mean Kiffin joked about Saban back earlier this month, so..... Players have joked about Saban in the past... so I don't think it's a major issue. and I remember correctly, it's up to the players to decide who sends whoever back home if they can't follow the rules... Did we do that with Lee few years ago?
Oh man. I was hoping you could have confirmed that.

I wish I could.. I was just going by their media day coverage on ESPN and several sites. I personally honestly think it's not an issue. I mean Kiffin joked about Saban back earlier this month, so..... Players have joked about Saban in the past... so I don't think it's a major issue. and I remember correctly, it's up to the players to decide who sends whoever back home if they can't follow the rules... Did we do that with Lee few years ago?
Yeah Lee and and Anderson.

If he was within the rules then he's ok.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
I think he was just saying he was enjoying his free time off, including the time spend in the French Quarter. No story here...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I am a little more concerned about 'we have had a lot of time off' comment more than any other. I know they are out if school, and can only practice 20 hours a week, but true determined champions use the extra time off better. I don't blame them for decompressing, but he looked to relaxed. Don't forget why you are there Rashaan

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
IMHO Coach Saban probably had a good laugh out of this. And one that he probably needed. As much as Coach Saban takes his responsibility very seriously...he's also a human being and as such has a heart and wants to see his players enjoying their "reward" for such a hard fought regular season.

IMHO this kid didn't say anything inflammatory or inappropriate....if anything it will help loosen up the players. A good thing with all that's riding on this game!

That said I wouldn't expect to hear much about this from Coach Saban until after the last game is played. And that's the type of coach the players and fans respect.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.