Link: Oh Lord! The Bourbon St. story I didn't want to hear...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
And how exactly is it that one gets "pulled into a strip club?"

Esp at 14-15.... :biggrin:

Well, we were looking thru the window/door and the barker outside said you guys come on in nobody's checking ID's ... so we did.
True story. My high school sent the marching band to New Orleans on a band trip (yeah, I know...).
One of the guys was peeking in the door of a shady establishment and the barker yelled, "How old are you son?"
"16," was the response.
"No you're not. You're 18. Go around the corner and you'll find a guy who will make you an ID that says you are 18."
When he got home, he showed his mother his new ID.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
If it'll make all y'all Cotton Matherses feel better, Saban can always have ESPN reshoot the interview with young Mr. Evans emoting "We're paintin' the town Crimson!"

Talk about your tempest in a Tom Thumb thimble...

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I was just wondering, and this can only be answered by the more 'seasoned' people here...what was it like when CPB was there, in the early years, before the PTB's decided to award the NC's after the Bowl games? Back when the games were meant as a reward for a good season, and were supposedly more of a 'fun' game then one that might determine an NC? Was there more 'fun' for the players? Was there more shenanigans going on? Because of the much more openness of the media, and exposure of 'shenanigans' is definitely guaranteed now, did the players back then "live it up" more so than now?

Roll Tide!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I was just wondering, and this can only be answered by the more 'seasoned' people here...what was it like when CPB was there, in the early years, before the PTB's decided to award the NC's after the Bowl games? Back when the games were meant as a reward for a good season, and were supposedly more of a 'fun' game then one that might determine an NC? Was there more 'fun' for the players? Was there more shenanigans going on? Because of the much more openness of the media, and exposure of 'shenanigans' is definitely guaranteed now, did the players back then "live it up" more so than now?

Roll Tide!
there was neither internet nor 24-7 "sports news"

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I will give him this - the kid has a sense of humor. I heard the other players (was it DePriest?) guffawing in the background when the reporter asked him if he was still going to say that knowing CNS would hear/see it. Looks like some were having fun, and kudos to them - they earned it. But there is something they have to do tomorrow....

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yeah, aren't there more authentic places that are better? Lol
Yes but it also costs more money....lol. Plus the Popeye's down there sells Gumbo too, so that is a plus. Their chicken is 2nd best to Chik-Fil-A.

I really don't think anyone needs to chill out because I don't think anyone is getting fired up about it. I didn't see anyone getting over the top about it except the people bending over backwards in defense of players that don't need defending. My goodness. Some have simply made the observation players need to stay focused, and keep in mind why they came.
Naw some act like Coach needs to send him home, that's a tad overboard don't you think? Just because RE joked with a reporter doesn't mean he's out getting sloppy drunk until 4am with the rest of the team and it doesn't mean he is not "focused". When teams travel to cities like this they ALWAYS go out on the town. Some make boneheaded moves and most don't. RE hasn't seemed to have made any boneheaded moves yet since he is still down there.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yes but it also costs more money....lol. Plus the Popeye's down there sells Gumbo too, so that is a plus. Their chicken is 2nd best to Chik-Fil-A.

Naw some act like Coach needs to send him home, that's a tad overboard don't you think? Just because RE joked with a reporter doesn't mean he's out getting sloppy drunk until 4am with the rest of the team and it doesn't mean he is not "focused". When teams travel to cities like this they ALWAYS go out on the town. Some make boneheaded moves and most don't. RE hasn't seemed to have made any boneheaded moves yet since he is still down there.
95 % said the same thing, a little piling on the few that disagreed. I have to admit, though, I have been testy the last couple of months.
I can see clowning for Kaylee. Except for being an LSU FAN , she is really hawt! And intelligent. Can't blame a young man there.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
This is really the truth. We heard about it days, weeks, years later, and maybe never... ;)
I think I remember Barry Krauss talking about how close he came to making a boneheaded move before the Penn State game. If I remember correctly he barely made it to the game in time to play. Teammates were trying to keep it away from Coach Bryant. He was supposes to be a team leader. SMH

During the 92 game against Miami a group of Miami players were callinlg our players out down in the Quarter. Calling some of them fat. I think it helped motivate them.

I have never seen a group of fans disappear as quickly as the Miami fans after that game. I think the napkin incident Earl referred to happened after that game also.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
95 % said the same thing, a little piling on the few that disagreed. I have to admit, though, I have been testy the last couple of months.
I can see clowning for Kaylee. Except for being an LSU FAN , she is really hawt! And intelligent. Can't blame a young man there.
Yeah but that's why you have to let the horses ride! Let it go and enjoy.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think I remember Barry Krauss talking about how close he came to making a boneheaded move before the Penn State game. If I remember correctly he barely made it to the game in time to play. Teammates were trying to keep it away from Coach Bryant. He was supposes to be a team leader. SMH

During the 92 game against Miami a group of Miami players were callinlg our players out down in the Quarter. Calling some of them fat. I think it helped motivate them.

I have never seen a group of fans disappear as quickly as the Miami fans after that game. I think the napkin incident Earl referred to happened after that game also.
That's correct...

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I think he was just having a sense of humor. If that's what it takes for the team to stay loose then have at it as long as you are not being disrespectful or breaking team rules. Just make sure when you come running out on the field you are all business and snot- slinging-mad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.