Lou Holtz/Notre Dame

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
So Lou Holtz says Notre Dame will be a top 4 team at the beginning of next season. I guess South Carolina won't be too far behind. His homerism gets so bad it is comical.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
His top 5 every year:

Notre Dame
South Carolina
Arkansas
Minnesota
Whatever school his son is currently coaching

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
As surely as tock follows tick, and morning follows night, Lou Holtz picks ND to be at the top. Predictable though he may be, you have to respect his consistency.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Holtz is the ultimate homer. His bias toward Notre Dame is very well documented, and due to that I have a hard time stomaching him. This time though, I don't necessarily disagree with him. All he was saying was that he felt they had to be on the shortlist of teams thought to be frontrunners for next year. I would put them there as well. Their schedule is favorable, and they'll be returning a solid team. Zaire proved today that they have a talented quarterback coming back, and Brian Kelly can coach. I don't know how much they are losing to graduation, nor do I care enough to look. I could see them being a top 10 team to begin the year next year.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Holtz is the ultimate homer. His bias toward Notre Dame is very well documented, and due to that I have a hard time stomaching him. This time though, I don't necessarily disagree with him. All he was saying was that he felt they had to be on the shortlist of teams thought to be frontrunners for next year. I would put them there as well. Their schedule is favorable, and they'll be returning a solid team. Zaire proved today that they have a talented quarterback coming back, and Brian Kelly can coach. I don't know how much they are losing to graduation, nor do I care enough to look. I could see them being a top 10 team to begin the year next year.
Until they join a conference, any conference, I refuse to acknowledge their very existence.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Until they join a conference, any conference, I refuse to acknowledge their very existence.
They are partially in the ACC now, but Notre dame will never fully join a conference so long as their football program is self sufficient. They'd lose too much money if they did.

Now that their minor sports are in the ACC they are guaranteed to play at least 6 ACC teams. That means many years they'll play FSU, Miami, Louisville and a few other somewhat competitive teams.

Plus they have a home and home against Texas the next two years, as well as the continuance of the USC and stanford rivalries.

Now I'm going to stop talking, because I'm starting to sound like a ND apologist and that makes me a bit nauseated. Lol

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I think it is funny. Sure, he picks his home teams but everyone knows it. He adds a light hearted slant to the conversation. He does it, like someone else said, consistently even when it is ridiculous. I will miss him.

athlete37

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2012
ND loses the tight end, a guard who was hurt the second half of the season, and a cornerback (who missed the last three games or so) off of the entire two deep. Add in that it gets back it's best receiver and best cornerback in Davaris Daniels and Kevarai Russell, a former 5 star DE in IShaq Williams (all three suspended for the season), the starting middle linebacker who was out for the last five games of the season, and two stud defensive lineman who missed most of the second half of the year, along with a slew of other injured players. There were maybe 4 or 5 players remaining from the July two-deep on defense by the time we played USC. I may be a homer, as Holtz always is, but I think that they have the talent to be top 5-10 next season if Brian Kelly can get his act together. ***

***Please don't confuse this with me saying that ND is on an Alabama level yet, or even an Oregon and maybe Ohio State.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.