News Article: CFN: 2015 Sugar Bowl: Ohio State vs. Alabama

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It's an analysis piece - highlighting the underlying theme of SEC vs. Big 10.

I agree that is one of the game's themes as well as a rematch of Coach Saban against Coach Meyer.

I think the playoff committee got it right and am looking forward to the game.

If we have this 4 team playoff, I think we have the best 4 teams playing each other.

Those who are picking Bama to win are quite justified but you have to give OSU credit for getting to where they are as well so I think it could be a competitive game - I'm looking forward to it.

RTR!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Eh, sounds about right. He may be a little off on the score, though. I think we win by 10-14. It will be a tough game and not a gimme, as some on here seem to think. If our front 7 on D play like they are able, it will be a long night for Jones.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
From our perspective it seems pretty fair.....at the end of the day, after all the scheming and emotion, Saban/Smart are going to 1) force Jones to beat them or 2) from our perspective, give Jones the opportunity to win. He certainly has the tools around him to get the job done.......he will be faced with a great challenge and he either will be up to it, or he will not......sounds oversimplistic but my bet is that is where we'll end up.....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Here's what I think.....I think Ohio State is the next Texas, the next Notre Dame.....and I think Coaches Saban, Smart and Kiffin have had way too much time to prepare.....

I know people think that the losses to OU and Utah in the Sugar Bowls were a result of the kids not having something to play for.....I still think that Coach had some psychological reasoning for playing down in those games....that ultimately meant nothing, and were important in getting the kids ready to play the following year. The game against Michigan State meant something.....not sure what (perhaps it was a going away gift for Julio, Greg, and Mark....). But, when the kids respond in that game, but not the two Sugar Bowls -- that tells me that those games were approached differently.

I have read several comments of the players basically saying -- it's not about what they (tOSU) can do, it's about what we do.....and I think that's from Coach Saban himself.....

If we do what we are supposed to do, it doesn't matter what tOSU does.....the better we do it, the bigger the score.....we don't need them to lose the game for us to win.....but for them to win, we have to give it away.....

I see no evidence in the last 7-8 years to make me think that could even possibly happen.....

I think there are a few butterflies.....

I think it's close after 1 -- we are up by 7 at half.....up by 14 after 3 -- and we end up winning by 42-14......

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Never under estimate a team that keeps hearing how inferior they are. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joey Bosa is going to try to bring it regardless. Not sure why the media keeps saying Jones is 3rd string. He was the backup QB from the very first game. More spin. He has more arm talent than either of there other QB's. I believe we will win but I know this will be no cake walk. They have a ton of NFL talent on that D line. I just hope this is not the game they all start playing like NFL players. I really hope on offense they take a hundred deep shots. That won't beat us.[/FONT]

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Never under estimate a team that keeps hearing how inferior they are. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joey Bosa is going to try to bring it regardless. Not sure why the media keeps saying Jones is 3rd string. He was the backup QB from the very first game. More spin. He has more arm talent than either of there other QB's. I believe we will win but I know this will be no cake walk. They have a ton of NFL talent on that D line. I just hope this is not the game they all start playing like NFL players. I really hope on offense they take a hundred deep shots. That won't beat us.[/FONT]
Live fire my friend live fire. The speed of an SEC defenses simply are off the charts compared to what the Big 10 sees all the time. It will be incredibly difficult for a person on the second start to solve the riddle. We'll see but I like our chances a lot.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Never under estimate a team that keeps hearing how inferior they are. Joey Bosa is going to try to bring it regardless. Not sure why the media keeps saying Jones is 3rd string. He was the backup QB from the very first game. More spin. He has more arm talent than either of there other QB's. I believe we will win but I know this will be no cake walk. They have a ton of NFL talent on that D line. I just hope this is not the game they all start playing like NFL players. I really hope on offense they take a hundred deep shots. That won't beat us.
Pretty much my take too. The only thing I would add is that the article pointed out one that I didn't know. The percentage of OSU's rushing production that was from Barrett's scrabbling. We may be able to go to a lot of cover 2 early and make them prove we need to put more in the box.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Eh, sounds about right. He may be a little off on the score, though. I think we win by 10-14. It will be a tough game and not a gimme, as some on here seem to think. If our front 7 on D play like they are able, it will be a long night for Jones.
I agree ... I hope we end up walking them by double-digits but I think OSU is a better than a lot of fans are giving them credit. All that aside, I think our boys will show up ready to compete for 4 quarters.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
He picked the right winner but I'm sorry I just don't think it's going to be a close game. I've personally only felt THIS confident in us killing a team in statement like fashion twice.

One was before the 09 SECCG against the Urban/Tebow Gators in a major revenge game and the other was before ND for 2012 Title in what was a complete mismatch.

Here we have another Meyer team that's nowhere near as talented as his Gator teams and a 3rd string QB going against a real deal defense....especially against the run...which is now their strength.

It's a bad mismatch. Bama by 21-28 points...maybe more.

He picked the right winner but I'm sorry I just don't think it's going to be a close game. I've personally only felt THIS confident in us killing a team in statement like fashion twice.

One was before the 09 SECCG against the Urban/Tebow Gators in a major revenge game and the other was before ND for 2012 Title in what was a complete mismatch.

Here we have another Meyer team that's nowhere near as talented as his Gator teams and a 3rd string QB going against a real deal defense....especially against the run...which is now their strength.

It's a bad mismatch. Bama by 21-28 points...maybe more.
Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.