OSU fans "violated" the statues....

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I was reading the comments at that link...one guy said the cold up north would shut down the SEC speed in regular games after October. It seems like you could run just as fast in cold weather as warm, but maybe not.

Southern born players' blood turns into syrup in the cold weather, causing them to lose their athletic ability. This is not the case with northern players.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think it is disrespectful. So many think it is funny. Just wonder how it would play if a student or group of students tried to stop the OSU fans from doing that.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Well they probably think this is cute and funny. Think about the mindset though for them to have the cajones to come on our campus and deface our Coaches statues in any way is well...something else I can't say.

Its all all good though, let them have their pregame fun. They won't be laughing when the clock strikes zero and most if not all will be self deleting these pics.

They've got a beatdown coming and I'm salivating to see it.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
This is exactly the kind of behaviour you can expect from fans of a team that hasn't been relevant for a very long time. After they get thumped by Bama tomorrow night and Harbaugh brings Michigan back from the dead, Ohio State University football will become irrelevant again in no time.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Like poisoning trees?

Wow, typical response . Pretty much as expected . HARVEY UPDYKE was one person . This was apparently many people. Don't think anyone here would poison Toomer's trees , or condone the behavior. But that response is telling.

I guess Bama linebackers and photographers should be cautious around the Buckeye coaching staff. They may get punched.

Last edited:

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Wow, typical response . Pretty much as expected . HARVEY UPDYKE was one person . This was apparently many people. Don't think anyone here would poison Toomer's trees , or condone the behavior. But that response is telling.

I guess Bama linebackers and photographers should be cautious around the Buckeye coaching staff. They may get punched.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
You really have your panties in a bunch over a couple fans taking a picture with a statue?

It's not like they defiled it in any way whatsoever. Just harmless fun. Get off your high horses
Panties in a bunch? What are you , twelve? No, thought it was disrespectful and questioned how it would play if a group of Alabama students tried to stop It. I think I posted that. What I didn't like was your obvious attempt at a negative response.

You had your fun, why can't I have mine?

Last edited:

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
As I'm sure you know, no one has any significant issue with spirited campus espionage. It's the ad hominem Updyke association that set people off. We're a little sensitive to that sort of excrement. As a visitor currently in good standing, you'd be wise not to try to argue the point. Just my personal advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
HaHa....great fun! College football passion is great! I'm hopeful for a great game by Bama and no bad injuries for either team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.