Is LSU on a downward trend?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
1st: BamaGreek, sorry you are having to go through this revision and hope your pain will be relieved soon and recovery is fast.

2nd: If the posts on the LSU boards are any indication, LSU is definitely on the decline. Many are angry and want Les gone. Almost all hate Bama and that hate has grown tremendously with every defeat since 21-0. They are really a sad bunch right now.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
If Arky gets any semblance of consistent QB play next season, they'll win 10-11 games.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
1st: BamaGreek, sorry you are having to go through this revision and hope your pain will be relieved soon and recovery is fast.

2nd: If the posts on the LSU boards are any indication, LSU is definitely on the decline. Many are angry and want Les gone. Almost all hate Bama and that hate has grown tremendously with every defeat since 21-0. They are really a sad bunch right now.
Gr8hope, Thanks a lot for the well wishes. So far doing ok with the pain but the femoral nerve block hasn't totally worn off yet after the block is gone things can definitely change on the pain scale. I'm good though.

LSU boards: yes I agree with you. They are getting tired of Les. It seems LSU is kind of moving into a Georgia Bulldog mode where they always have the athletes but can't get all the way through a season without a bad loss or two.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
LSU had the 119th least experience team in the nation, according to Phil Steele - OSU was 109th, Bama was 107th.

That excuse doesn't wash...
I think that's backward (should be 119th most instead of least) but I get your point. Still, I think they had nine juniors declare early last year. Anyone know what the record is?

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Gr8hope, Thanks a lot for the well wishes. So far doing ok with the pain but the femoral nerve block hasn't totally worn off yet after the block is gone things can definitely change on the pain scale. I'm good though.

LSU boards: yes I agree with you. They are getting tired of Les. It seems LSU is kind of moving into a Georgia Bulldog mode where they always have the athletes but can't get all the way through a season without a bad loss or two.

I had a block for a foot surgery earlier this year. Most bizarre thing I've ever experienced. It was a minute glimpse into the life of a paralyzed person and gave me a profound appreciation for just how hard they must have it. Hope all heals well.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had a block for a foot surgery earlier this year. Most bizarre thing I've ever experienced. It was a minute glimpse into the life of a paralyzed person and gave me a profound appreciation for just how hard they must have it. Hope all heals well.
I'm having hip replacement early next month and I' seriously considering it...

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I'm having hip replacement early next month and I' seriously considering it...
My dad has had both of his hips replace and breezed right through it. I think you will too Earle. Good post-surgery therapy is key. Good luck!

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
My first thought when LSU lost was that LSU is on a down hill slide. Don't know what to think about Ol Sis other than Bad Bo showed up at the wrong time. TCU ain't that good.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
LSU's problem is the offense, specifically the QB position. Today's game you HAVE to be solid at the QB position. The QB position is what makes the offense go in today's game and they don't have one. They also have a coach that refuses to change. That is almost as bad as not having a qb.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Lsu has been on this path since 2012. If they didn't have mettenberger then the fall would've happened last year. The end was imminent when les hired Cameron. I think arky and aTm will take their place in the top 3 west teams. I just don't see long time success for the magnolia teams so I don't label them top 3 west teams.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
LSU had a really good offense when they wound up with an NFL talent at QB in Mettenburger. I don't see anyone on their roster right now that one would think can be developed into a real good QB. Also it seems, like others have said, that Les just isn't willing to sort of change with the times yet
Number 7 is there for two more seasons so they will be running the football and still be winning 9-10 games every year. I don't think Les is dead yet by any stretch of the imagination. If he doesn't get the right guy to handle the defense going forward that could change pretty quick I think. The SEC West is crazy good and tough to get through..
Arkansas will be a tough game for next few years along with Auburn.. I still have questions about the Mississippi schools.
Sorry I got long winded. I'm in the hospital about 9 hours post op from revision TKA surgery and rambling on a little.
In Nashville? Hope you had a restful evening and ready for a long day of football. Keep us updated when you can. We are thinking of you and hope you get home soon. Roll Tide and Happy New Year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think they're better next year, but they won't win a NC any time soon.
Unless fournette is just unstoppable I would say they would lose to arky,us,uf,and possibly ATM. I think lsu is living off of better than average talent to get them through games.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
It's Chavis leaving if true that will keep LSU down. Muskrat would have been way more successful there but it's a done deal now with API.

i like Les & think he is a smart coach. I was not in favor of him doing the Jimbo & protecting thugs but he knows football.

but no head coach can do it alone.

as usual a lot of talent there but who will coach them up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.