Is LSU on a downward trend?

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
http://theadvocate.com/columnists/scottrabalais/11202241-123/rabalais-lsu-football-in-a

This was written before yesterday's game and before the DC's confirmed exit to the Aggies. I have several LSU friends who have noted a correlation between LSU and the Saints....that since 2011 there is a "disturbingly" downward trend. I also saw some real frustration from some of the players who took to Twitter yesterday. Time will tell but they ended on a bad note in 2014. Getting a QB would solve a big problem this year. It was an interesting read nonetheless.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I think they definitely are right now. Wether it stays on that trajectory, who knows. My only hope is that, if Les gets fired, he becomes a talking head on ESPN. That would be gold. Gold, Jerry! Gold!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
They have been since CNS left. Les is lucky he won the one NC, considering they had two losses that season..

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
13-1 (8-0)
10-3 (6-2)
10-3 (5-3)
8-5 (4-4)

Um, looks like a downward trend to me.
I'd say there's a strong chance they will keep up their streak of losing one more conference game than the year before next season...they may struggle to win more than three conference games, especially as hard as the West Division is.

Breaking in a new DC won't help.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yes. And with the former talent on offense that now plays in the NFL, you have to wonder how much longer the corn dogs will put up with it.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
LSU the 3 seasons after losing to Bama -- 10-3, 10-3, 8-5
Notre Dame 2 the seasons after losing to Bama -- 9-4, 8-5
Texas the 5 seasons after losing to Bama -- 5-7, 8-5, 9-4, 8-5, 6-7

Hmmmm an interesting trend.....

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I'd say there's a strong chance they will keep up their streak of losing one more conference game than the year before next season...they may struggle to win more than three conference games, especially as hard as the West Division is.
Agreed. Arkansas is on the rise and definitely will be tough to deal with next year IMO

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Breaking in a new DC won't help.
LSU, like Texas and Florida before it, has never recovered from the physical and psychological damage administered by a common opponent.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I wouldn't bury 'em just yet. Way too much talent for them not to still be middle to upper pack in the SECW, which is basically in the top 10 nationally.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Yes, I think they are in a downtrend. That's why I was surprised that Les wasn't interested in the Michigan job (at least he said he wasn't). He would have been in a much better negotiating position now to move elsewhere then to wait to see if his program can rebound. Obviously if they have one or two more mediocre seasons and he gets fired he will have a tougher time landing a good coaching job.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
LSU, like Texas and Florida before it, has never recovered from the physical and psychological damage administered by a common opponent.
I think our blowout game against Muschamp's Gators was the nail in the coffin for him coaching there. Counting Urban, that's two Florida coaching scalps on Saban's wall.

Poor Mac Brown evidently took more damage in our title game than Colt did. Mac seemed to age 5 years during the game, and was never the same.

I'm sure there are some other examples out there.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Yes, I think they are in a downtrend. That's why I was surprised that Les wasn't interested in the Michigan job (at least he said he wasn't). He would have been in a much better negotiating position now to move elsewhere then to wait to see if his program can rebound. Obviously if they have one or two more mediocre seasons and he gets fired he will have a tougher time landing a good coaching job.
They weren't interested in him. That ship sailed a long time ago. If someone had kept their mouth shut he would have been their coach.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
They have been since CNS left. Les is lucky he won the one NC, considering they had two losses that season..
For the most part that is true, but their 2011 team was very, very good. If not for us getting a fortunate second chance, they would have won Les a second title. However, since that 21-0 tail whipping, they haven't been the same. They seem to be like Auburn now; they save their best game for us each year and fail to show up against other opponents.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tony Barnhart was on Finebaum today. He commented that folks have mentioned Miles being stubborn and not changing his way of doing things. Barnhart mentioned Saban changing things with the offense as an example of what Miles needs to do. He insinuated Miles not accepting a change might be the big factor in the future of the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.