TCU #1? can it happen in the AP ?

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I don't know what the impact of this massive beat down will be. All I know is Brock Huard (with every opportunity) reminded the world that this was the same Ole Miss team that beat Alabama. I know what the insinuation was, that TCU would beat Bama in the same manner. Win lose or draw, this game could potentially put a big dent in the SEC's cache when it comes to close calls going forward.
Doubtful. Th SEC played two BCS games last year and lost both. Didn't make a difference in terms of rankings throughout the season.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Doubtful. Th SEC played two BCS games last year and lost both. Didn't make a difference in terms of rankings throughout the season.
We'll see. Start racking up big bowl losses and at some point it has an impact. Ole Miss got blowed out, state is getting drummed by Ga Tech, we lost last years Sugar bowl, barn lost the BCS Championship game. We're racking them up pretty quick...

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Absolutely....Haven't you heard, the ESPN heads have declared this a STATEMENT game. For all you uneducated south easteners, that means this meaningless blowout means more than the other meaningless blowouts. When you play a STATEMENT game it is vastly different from a regular bowl game where the kids are merely trying to play their hearts out to win for their University, they are playing to make a STATEMENT.

Ummm, you get what I was doing with the word statement there right? Okay, yeah okay, just checking.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The problem the two Mississippi caused today will be very hurtful for them going forward, and maybe for the SEC West overall.....but it won't hurt Bama.....

The margin for error is smaller for the other 6.....

The West is starting to collapse on itself and looks like Bama, Arkansas and Auburn will be the big 3 in the west next year

State and OM were overrated. One had a schitzo QB, the other had a Defense made with smoke and mirrors....

OM beat us because we had stupid penalties, dumb turnovers, lost three starters, and Good Bo showed up and they still barely won.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Care to explain what part of giving up 24 unanswered points made up the robbery? Just curious. (No, I did not watch it. I see enough real Texas HS football.)
At the end of the game (1:30 left). 4th down. TCU throws a pass that would have been a first; Baylor DB mugged TCU receiver and didn't get called. It would have put TCU almost in position for a FG to win (remember, Baylor never really stopped TCU either). Two plays later, TCU gets called for PI inside their own 10, on what should have been a non-call if the previous one was as it was ticky-tack and nowhere near as flagrant. I watched almost the whole game; neither team stopped the other, but TCU got the shaft at the end.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
I thought I read somewhere that the AP has already made their final vote and it was after the conference championship weekend. So Bama has already won the AP National Championship.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.